“YEAR AFTER YEAR..I LOVE THIS PLACE EVEN MORE!!” 5 of 5 stars

Sand & Surf Motel
1201 Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
North East PA
“YEAR AFTER YEAR..I LOVE THIS PLACE EVEN MORE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

actually I am on the last day of my stay now.. coming back labor day weekend..we have been coming to seaside my whole life.. sand and surf since my kids were small and now they are 16 and 18.. lets address some of the negatives ..as far as guests go none of the motels allow guests.. they have no way of knowing how many people are in rooms if they don't set rules people would pay for one or two people and let 4 or 5 in..a few motels call the police or immediatly evict with no refund for guests.. sand and surf does it a much better way.. ok..no toothpaste?? I have never stayed anywhere that gave tooth paste..i have stayed at the Marion even ceasers in the pocons..no toothpaste ..shampoo and conditioner maybe..but this is a no frills motel..most of them don't give that..house keeping..you can pay for house keeping.. or opt out. It is not included in the room price.. the room svarages 170$ night for 4 people on the boardwalk..that is very inexpensive..youbrong your towels down get more.. want more blankets..those too..borrow an iron or a vacuum..the staff is great and overly friendly!! As far as beds in the room..they have rooms that accommodate 8/9 people..so bed sizes will vary..as far as I know the only rooms with2beds. The otherromms are larger..the AC and fridge unplugged?? Plug them in..most places will unplug after check out..sand and surf is quiet clean..a family place..if that's what you are looking for..you will be so happy here ..we have looked around to see about places with a pool..and there is mop lace that compares to this place..my sisters family and lots of our friends come here too ..we will always come back :)

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have been going to Seaside Heights for the past 3 years and this is the cleanest place I stayed
in. A/C unit in my room was a little noisey but overall the stay was great. Beach and baoardwalk
was right outside my door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I thought this would be a great place to stay because of the price and location. I would never go back! If you think it's a great price be sure to average in the $100 cash security deposit that you will not get back. The unfriendly owner will be sure to let you know of the reason he comes up with for keeping it. The security guards were watching my every move. This is not my idea of a vacation. It was more like Seaside jail!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel ecause of its location to the beach, but after being there would rather walk a mile to beach than stay here again. The staff was rude and very non accommodating. be sure you don't even speak to someone outside your room, or you'll get pounced by security. Very very rude. I agree with others like a jail. And they are crooks. They wouldn't give us the $100 security deposit back because the carpet was wet outside our room in the hall!! What a joke!

• Stayed August 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

After checking into one of the worst motels in Seaside and needing a room quickly, the staff made sure to take very good care of us. The room was super clean and so very convenient. Yes it was a bit odd that my family had to wear an armband to be able to gain entrance to our room in the evening. But, after thinking about that, I was thrilled that there was even security. I felt safe leaving my belongings while we enjoyed not only the beach, but the boardwalk.
The staff were able to give us great recommendations on where to eat off the boardwalk and also were very kind to my granddaughter. She is a huge "Jershey Shore" fan.
Can't say enough kind things about the staff and the cleanliness! Those are huge marks in their favor.
Thank you again for making this trip so wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

excellent place to stay --friendly staff --clean rooms /right on boardwalk/cant wait to go stay there again/ very reasonable price . very short walk to beach(50 feet) had a blast staying there . thanx to the staff and owners

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Woonsocket, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The only nice thing about this hotel was that it was clean other than that run as fast and far away as you can save your money!! My man and I went down for the weekend along with our friends who stayed in other hotels but when I signed the "lease" who would have known I was not allowed guest not even to use the bathroom or change up, and when the security was mia we snuck a friend up to only change up and 30 sec later the security guy busted threw the door like it was a raid stating that someone was there that didnt belong and when I asked management about the guest listthis is what i was told 30 bucks a guest for the day and 60 bucks for an extra person to stay the night which is not even worth it the "blankets" looked like a table cloth my grandmother had 30yrs ago and was thin as ever they gave us no tooth paste shampoo or any thing that normally comes with a hotel and although we got a room for 4 we only got 2 badges in which we were harassed for every 15 mins to return! I loved the shore but would never rent from them again I am 23 trying to enjoy my bday not turn myself into the nearest jail

Room Tip: no rooms in this motel are good unless you like the lock down room