“The staff was great!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“The staff was great!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

After checking into one of the worst motels in Seaside and needing a room quickly, the staff made sure to take very good care of us. The room was super clean and so very convenient. Yes it was a bit odd that my family had to wear an armband to be able to gain entrance to our room in the evening. But, after thinking about that, I was thrilled that there was even security. I felt safe leaving my belongings while we enjoyed not only the beach, but the boardwalk.
The staff were able to give us great recommendations on where to eat off the boardwalk and also were very kind to my granddaughter. She is a huge "Jershey Shore" fan.
Can't say enough kind things about the staff and the cleanliness! Those are huge marks in their favor.
Thank you again for making this trip so wonderful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

excellent place to stay --friendly staff --clean rooms /right on boardwalk/cant wait to go stay there again/ very reasonable price . very short walk to beach(50 feet) had a blast staying there . thanx to the staff and owners

Woonsocket, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The only nice thing about this hotel was that it was clean other than that run as fast and far away as you can save your money!! My man and I went down for the weekend along with our friends who stayed in other hotels but when I signed the "lease" who would have known I was not allowed guest not even to use the bathroom or change up, and when the security was mia we snuck a friend up to only change up and 30 sec later the security guy busted threw the door like it was a raid stating that someone was there that didnt belong and when I asked management about the guest listthis is what i was told 30 bucks a guest for the day and 60 bucks for an extra person to stay the night which is not even worth it the "blankets" looked like a table cloth my grandmother had 30yrs ago and was thin as ever they gave us no tooth paste shampoo or any thing that normally comes with a hotel and although we got a room for 4 we only got 2 badges in which we were harassed for every 15 mins to return! I loved the shore but would never rent from them again I am 23 trying to enjoy my bday not turn myself into the nearest jail

Room Tip: no rooms in this motel are good unless you like the lock down room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights July 24th & 15th of 2012. It was like a prison.You had to wear a bright green wrist band while staying at the hotel and they write your first and last name on it and your room number so guess what when you go out the creepers know your first and last name and your room number how safe is that? plus if you loose it you get an escort into the office and they put a new one on you. then when you want a clean towel or washcloth you have to return the dirty onesto the office while the office is open to get a fresh one and there are no hand towels only 1 towel and 1 washcloth per person. room was "clean" but stunk like moth balls and the A/C is 1 window unit which was off and unplugged along with the fridge and microwave so no cool room nor fridge.The staff was not welcoming at all the "man in charge" keep telling us he is a good friend of snooki's as if we cared. they also charged us extra for the 3rd person we had and didnt even give her a free beach badge. FYI it is $5 a day per person to go on the beach and the motel calls your room daily to get the badge back no one asked how our stay was or anything RUDE JAIL at least in jail you get a fresh towel and washcloth every day but not here. no extra anything here not even toilet paper you have to fetch it yourself at the office. 5 stars is not accurate at all it should be negative 5 who ever rated this place should be fired .and you have to sign a lease to stay 2 crappy nights! it is a motel not a luxury condo by any means RUN THE OTHER WAY after check out I had to pay $10 to park 3 hours.

Room Tip: run the other way
Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here 7/13-714//12. This is a really convenient place to stay if you enjoy being close to the excitement of the NJ boardwalk and close to the beach. We did a mini weekend with just two adults and had a terrific time. Clean rooms, ours had a kitchenette with stove & refrigerator, dishes & coffee maker. Two queen size beds. Great air conditioning which is most important in July. This was our second stay and we would do this again.

Room Tip: There are different choices of room styles depending on your needs. Some have single door entrance...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at the sand and surf 7/11 - 7/13. My good friend and I decide to have a weekday get away with the kids. We choose sand and surf for their great location to the board walk and beach and clean rooms. We had an efficiency suite, It was fine for two adults and three kids. We didn't spend all that much time in the room, so that fact that we had a room with an extra bed which made the first room a little smaller was fine. The a/c could have worked a little better. By no means is this five star but for the convinces I would stay there again. The rooms and sheets/towels were clean, the staff was friendly and having security at night was a huge plus!!

Pleasantville, New York, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Clean that is the only positive thing I can say... We went down to Seaside to visit with my 16 year old step son and when it was thundering and lighting and all power was lost they would not let him come inside with us unless I paid the overnight fee for the additional person ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!! While explaing to the "security guard" where was he going to go while we waited the storm he looked down at himself as to say I'm out here? Yes you get paid to be standing out her I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money to stay at a motel that doesn't even have a pool...Save your money clean or not this place ruined what was supposed to be a nice family weekend...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sand & Surf Motel? Share your experiences!