“Stay far away from Mark III” 1 of 5 stars

You added Mark III Motel to your Saves list
Mark III Motel
207 Carteret Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Stay far away from Mark III”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Horrible experience. Owner is a total jerk who actually had me evicted from my room for talking outside on my cell phone at 1 am...on a friday night. Rooms are disgusting and pool is a joke...I have no idea how places like this hellhole can charge $140 a night and stay in business. Unreal.

• Stayed August 2012

Solo
Business
Eastport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We were 2 young couples that needed a place to stay for 3 nights and this was exactly what we were looking for. It was an ok room for a good price. The bathrooms were kind of old and small but they weren't terrible. I definitely recommend bringing your own pillows/sheets/blankets. The pool was also on the small side but it was still ok. Alice the owner was really nice and we loved Bud the dog. It was a great location, just a few blocks away from the boardwalk and all the bars. All in all, if you just want a place to stay for a few nights to have fun on the shore this is a good place. If you're a family with a bunch of kids looking for a resort getaway this is probably not your place but we would definitely stay there again and are already planning a trip next summer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Great place and resonable rates. Bud and Budlight were a highlight. Couldn't have been happier with the place for the great price!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I got a room with my husband and dog at the Mark III 's sister hotel, Aquarium arms and upon arrival we were greeted by two filthy dogs and some stinky personel that were chainsmoking drunks. The room stank of old smoke and the towels must have been the same from 20 years ago, so thin. Also there was black stains all over the towels and the bed sheets. The AC was half taken apart laying on the floor.
The next morning during check out, the guy at the reception must have just had some sort of a haircut since his shirt was covered in chopped off hair. The woman from the night before walked me over to our room to check if our dog had done any damage. Of course they discovered some scratches at the door ( I am 100% sure it wasn't my dog. He barks but never scratches) but I should have taken before and after pics ! Sth I know for the future. Of course they then kept part of my deposit. I'm sure it will be invested in another 6 pack or two.
Oh and I forgot: when we asked if we could check out the rooms before booking they said No.
Enough said..

• Stayed September 2010
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

im writing this to let everyone no this place is a lot of fun clean and for the price you couldnt ask for more thanks alice THUMBS UP JOHN SLINGLAND

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mark III Motel for my birthday in November. The location is great (near to beach and boardwalk). The pool was very clean. Rooms were clean. The motel has pretty fast wifi available to customers. Very reasonable rates. The owners were friendly and very helpful. I highly recommend the Mark III motel. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Susquehanna, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

Well, I read the reviews of this place before going there....next time I will listen. I figured $55 a night how could I pass that up. Well, my friend and I arrived and there was no one around. So we rang the bell and she (manager I assume) yelled across the parking lot that she would be over in a min. Which was more like 10. I wished I had left then. So we were checking in and she gave us the remote and charged us a $20 deposit. In case the remote got broken. Def was not a $20 remote. The hotel room stunk. Moldy. The pools were locked all the time. We had to get them to unlock it but they were never there. Rust stains on the bathroom floor. I mean I guess its not a horrible place if you just need a place to crash and shower which is about all we did. Will def go back to Seaside Heights............just not at this hotel.

• Liked — Only a couple blocks from the beach.
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)