“Only if you love dogs!!” 3 of 5 stars

Mark III Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   207 Carteret Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #25 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
nj/nyc
“Only if you love dogs!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

Only go here if you have dogs and want to travel with them.... otherwise its not worth it. This is the only hotel I know if in Seaside that takes dogs... not just any and all dogs, but ALL pets! a horse even stayed there once. Needless to say, this is not a fancy hotel. This is a place to crash - and they happen to allow pets. We stay there once a year because we like to take our two pitbulls on vacations with us, i was shocked to find a hotel so willing to allow not only dogs, but two, rather large dogs, and pitbulls at that! Fir that reason I give this place 5 stars - but like i said - its not the best place. the shower was gross and dirty, the beds were old and gross, i wouldnt walk on the floor with bare feet, it is way overpriced for what you get, but because they allow me to travel and vacation with my dogs, then i guess its worth any price. there is a dog friendly beach nearby (seaside state park) and many dog friendly sidewalk restaurants where you can eat outside with your dogs. unfortunately dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk..

• Liked — ALL PETS ALLOWED!!
  • Disliked — gross dirty bathroom/bed
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

My husband, myself, and our dog stayed 4 nights at this hotel and we enjoyed every minute of it. First of all, my dog is welcome, so that impressed me immediately...(that's why we booked here) The pool was clean, with music playing all day. Any needs we had, although they were minimal, were met by friendly hosts. The room was clean and comfortable, with a working fridge and micro. The location is great...in a very quiet area, but still close enough to walk to the beach or other attractions if you chose to. I think we'll go back to Mark III Motel next September. Tracy Capko Stanhope, NJ

• Stayed September 2005
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

This motel is great. It isnt located near the loud bars or the young loud crowd. I mean if i wanted a beer i could of walked 2 minutes to get to it but i wasnt looking for that type of a vacation with my children. I really relaxed during this vacation and had my kids in the pool most of the day. The pool is just a nice size where i can keep my close eye on them. The rooms were very clean and the owners were pleasant. They were very helpful in giving directions and information on the place. I give this place a 10. I recommend this place to families with young children. I felt safe and was able to sleep a little later than normal because of the peace and quiet. Once i was told all of the instructions of the place i knew i was in the right place because without rules you know you are in a zoo.

I'll be back
J.

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mark III Motel over the Labor day weekend. What a treat it was to stay at the Mark III. George ( owner) Alice ( Managed the desk), The housekeepers and of course Bud & Budlight, (the welcoming committee) were all pleasant, and provided us with whatever we needed. If it were a choice between say, the Hilton and The Mark III for the same price, I'd choose Mark III, much cozier and felt more like home than a big hotel like the Hilton or others like it. The pool was wonderful, service great, and the beautiful weather was a plus! Thanks! Liz & George

• Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

by far the wors place ever, buyer be ware this guy is a rude drunk mess, he told me 40 extra for a later checkout but when we arrived 1 hr after check in out rooms were not ready. I asked the owner for some $$ of the bill. he told me to get the hell out of his motel he didnd need my #@%@ business. this was in front of my 4 year old. then he charged my card to boot. we went across the street to the hershey hotel thew were great. wish i'd have called them 1st..and this was my 1st trip to sea side hgts! real nice
he also has several dogs running through the hotel the whole place smelled of urine...

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2004

this place is horrible, the balcony isnt even a balcony its just a little outstep of the hallway, the rooms were nasty, the owners were very rude on the phone and in person, you basically have to be your own maid. the pool is about the size of a couple bathtubs put together, the place just looks so nasty when you pull in that you want to back right out (there is no turn around or a u driveway.) I cant describe how horrible this place was thank goodness we only stayed for 1 day, because you cant get your money back.

• Stayed August 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2004

August 8 - August 13, 2004. Great service, excellent staff and the rooms are spic and span. The motel is located just two blocks away from the boardwalk and the swimming pool is peaceful and kind of romantic especially for any couple who want to spend a day in the sun without anybody bothering them. It's recommended.

Been to Mark III Motel? Share your experiences!