“Great Place for Budget Travelers” 4 of 5 stars

La Fontana Motel
135 Grant Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #32 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
New York City, New York
“Great Place for Budget Travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Clean & Comfortable place to stay in Center of all the City attractions.
Walking distance to Water park, beach, boardwalk & clubs.
Rooms are newly renovated with all the basic amenities
Pool is little small but its clean.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with Balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Went to this motel for 2 nights, just went in to sleep, was very In need of a major fix up!!! The owner was very nice and tried his best to accomodate... Reception area looked like a dump... 2 days was plenty enough... We got there and the floor was still wet... Smell of Javex, so i know the floors were clean .. It staid wet until the next day... Had 2 double beds that were ok to sleep i would not go back to this hotel...

• Stayed August 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend decided to come down for a weekend. This was one of the most affordable places. Man at the counter was extremely nice and helpful. We are here after the season is over though, so it's not as if there were a ton of people to care for... The room is spacious, has a mini fridge, kitchen sink, and working microwave. The room was not the cleanest, but our sheets and mattress seemed pretty good. There were towels provided and they looked and smelled clean. The shower, toilet and sink look pretty old but were servicable. Location is wonderful- it's close to everything. If the room was a bit cleaner this place would have been a four star for me.

• Stayed September 2012
Easton, Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I went to Seaside Heights for the day and decided to spend the night. It was 4th of July weekend so prices were higher than usual and we called around for the best rates. On our way to the one we had chosen we stumbled across La Fontana. BIG MISTAKE!!!! At first quick glance didn't seem too bad but as soon as you start to really look around...EWWWW!!
Old, outdated, unsafe, and down right rude. Oh and let's not forget to mention the nasty pool!
Where the sink and refrigerator area meet the bedroom area there was a tack strip separating the carpet from tile. My heel scraped across two of the nails and slashed the bottom of my foot. When we went to management we were told that they have insurance and to contact our lawyer!! REALLY!! WOW!
Highly unrecommended.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Flushing, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This place was terrible! I will never stay here again. The room was large but dusty and dirty. I couldn't put my feet in the tub. No extra toilet paper no cups, paper towels, ice machine, no washclothes. Suffice it to say it was a dump. The pool forget it. Dirty & old. Stayed on top floor didn't even have a real window or balcony. Oh and the grill by the pool was broken with no gas even. Don't bother you will regret it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Let me explain my caption for this hotel. If you are traveling to Seaside Heights with your wife or family? this is NOT the hotel you want to check-in to. This hotel has been the venue/ host for soo much college kid parties, that the rooms are permanetly vandelized by cirgeratte burns on the furniture & extremely bad carpet stains. The fridge in my room did NOT work and ONLY 1 of 4 outlets worked inside the room. If you are a young college kid between the ages of 18-22? this room is MORE than big enough & PERFECT to have parties in. Basically this hotel is perfect for the young crowd, because they can trash the room without any worries because the hotel rooms are ALREADY TRASH!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

So me and my family wanted to try Seaside Heights. I have two little girls ages 2 and 1. I read the reviews but told myself it really can't be that bad. It was the only place with rooms available so we tried it. Got there and there was the little Indian dude at the counter the reviews talked about. We paid for the room and got our key. The steps leading upstairs to the room were slanted and covered in bird poop. We got to our door and opened it.... I couldn't believe what I saw. This room was right out of a horror movie. Room was dirty and smelled horrible. I wouldn't even let my kids down on the carpet or sit on the beds. I looked at the back of our door and the wall and swear that there was blood splatters all over them. The floor had a huge stain that looked like blood also. Told my wife to put the kids back in the car and went back to the office. M y wife went in and snapped. She said she was calling the police and the better business bureau. He said he would refund over money but kept a 50 dollars cancellation fee. Didn't care just wanted to get out of there. I would of gave it minus stars but you can't. People don't ever stay here even if you can't find a room anywhere stay in your car first....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Fontana Motel? Share your experiences!