“TERRIBLE for a Family or Couple, PERFECT for Young college kids” 1 of 5 stars

La Fontana Motel
135 Grant Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Springfield, Massachusetts
“TERRIBLE for a Family or Couple, PERFECT for Young college kids”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Let me explain my caption for this hotel. If you are traveling to Seaside Heights with your wife or family? this is NOT the hotel you want to check-in to. This hotel has been the venue/ host for soo much college kid parties, that the rooms are permanetly vandelized by cirgeratte burns on the furniture & extremely bad carpet stains. The fridge in my room did NOT work and ONLY 1 of 4 outlets worked inside the room. If you are a young college kid between the ages of 18-22? this room is MORE than big enough & PERFECT to have parties in. Basically this hotel is perfect for the young crowd, because they can trash the room without any worries because the hotel rooms are ALREADY TRASH!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

So me and my family wanted to try Seaside Heights. I have two little girls ages 2 and 1. I read the reviews but told myself it really can't be that bad. It was the only place with rooms available so we tried it. Got there and there was the little Indian dude at the counter the reviews talked about. We paid for the room and got our key. The steps leading upstairs to the room were slanted and covered in bird poop. We got to our door and opened it.... I couldn't believe what I saw. This room was right out of a horror movie. Room was dirty and smelled horrible. I wouldn't even let my kids down on the carpet or sit on the beds. I looked at the back of our door and the wall and swear that there was blood splatters all over them. The floor had a huge stain that looked like blood also. Told my wife to put the kids back in the car and went back to the office. M y wife went in and snapped. She said she was calling the police and the better business bureau. He said he would refund over money but kept a 50 dollars cancellation fee. Didn't care just wanted to get out of there. I would of gave it minus stars but you can't. People don't ever stay here even if you can't find a room anywhere stay in your car first....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Mt Pocono
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Rooms are DISGUSTING!Very unprofessional staff/owner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Easton PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

My friends and I had a very good time of relaxing at this motel. The rooms were big enough for a few of us; they have 2 beds, TV, heat, and refrigerator, microwave all of that. We stayed here and really enjoyed it. The people working at the front desk were nice and very helpful. It's also only a couple blocks from the beach/boardwalk so we didn’t have to go far to have fun on the beach. Overall, our stay here was outstanding. Also the price is reasonable and what we got was free breakfast coupons. I strongly recommend, this is the right place to stay in seaside heights.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
WINCHESTER
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

We chose to stay at this motel based on a 3 star rating through Orbitz. We drove 300 plus miles and when we arrived, we found the accommodations to be very substandard. Upon entering the room we noticed a very foul smell. The carpet in the room was so dirty and smelly that we would not remove our shoes. The bath tub had mold growing in the shower door tracks along with hair along the tub and on the floor. The room had a microwave that had dried food inside that appeared to be spaghetti sauce. The smoke detector was disengaged from the wall rendering it useless. There were two television sets in the room on the dresser next to each other one of which was broken and the other one (circa 1970) played with a constant buzz and had no remote. The chair was so soiled that we couldn't sit on it. The one bed's box spring was broken. There was no clothing bar in the room to hang any clothes. We had to wash every item of clothing we took with us because of the smell. Quite honestly, if the health department would have been there, I'm sure there would have been a number of violations. Orbitz rates this hotel 3 three stars based on the information provided by Lafontana. What a scam!!!! and shame on you Orbitz for handing out stars to motels that don't deserve them. What we thought was going to be a pleasant weekend vacation at the beach turned into a very very unpleasant trip for our family. Take our advice...DON"T EVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!!

Disappointed

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Lagro, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stayed at the La Fontana for an entire week. What a mistake. When we saw our room, we were horrified and going to check out. We then were told our credit card had already been charged for the entire week and we could not afford to go to another motel. The motel is filthy, the furniture is falling apart and at least 40 yeard old. The carpet is heavily stained and very dirty. We were there for a whole week and absolutely no room service. No clean towels unless you physically go to the office. Manager could not speak much English and understood even less. Many times, there was no employee on premises. Just phone number left on office door. Door locks were as old as the hills and it took a while to unlock them. The location to the boardwalk and Seaside activities is very good so it's unfortunate they have left this motel literally fall apart. It does not look like the pictures or the description on the internet. There is no lounge or bar. You will be very sorry if you stay here. We had really been looking forward to this vacation and the LaFontana ruined it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filthy Room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2008

First off, the pictures make it seem a lot nicer than it actually is. I went down with 3 other friends (2 of us were 17 so we're still considered minors) . Even though you're allowed 2 adults and 2 Children the guy charged us an additional $40 for the 2 minors to stay. This was never stated on the bill from Travelocity so he essentially added a false charge (because it's not on the hotel's website either). He also had a very strong accent and limited to no customer service skills- this made it very difficult to communicate with him. There is NO room service in this hotel as well as no housekeeping (they don't clean the rooms until after you leave) so if sanitation is one of your major concerns I would strongly advise you not to stay here. The headboards were held up by a piece of wood on the walls- so they were not supported well and fell off several times throughout our stay. The rooms smelled like smoke and the carpets were disgusting. The shower did not work properly, there was no water pressure and more water came out of the faucet to the tub than the shower head. The towels were not clean and were stained around the edges. Overall, the hotel was horrible and so were it's employees (and honestly, besides the owner I only saw one other employee). I would NOT recommend staying here- our entire experience was overall horrible.

• Liked — When I wasn't actually in my hotel room
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Fontana Motel? Share your experiences!