“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hershey Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hershey Motel
1415 Boulevard, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #14 of 41 hotels in Seaside Heights
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The Hersey Motel was great! Right down the block from the boardwalk. Rooms are not the Hilton but they are nice. Great motel to go to with friends or family. The price for the room was good, they were upfront with the price. No hidden fees or last minute charges. Wish I could if stayed another day or could of took advantage of their late checkout. Late checkout price could of been better. Great motel, free breakfast, and drinks at the bar are good!

• Stayed August 2012

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Let me start by saying the reviews giving by negative visitors are all it is I went there and had the best time ever the rooms were clean beds were great bathroom was clean and had towels the maid service was very attentive. pool was very clean and the waitress gave great pool service our lunch and drinks were brought to us. the food at the restuarant was great and filling. I cant complain about anything everything was at walking distance. the staff always had a great attitude no matter what time of the day . I honestly have to say it was a great vacation the only complain i had was we had to leave. So go and enjoy cause im a big complainer i find fault in everything and anything and here I couldnt. and rest assure im not being paid to say good things. cant wait for next summer to go back. bronx NY 8/2012

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was our first visit ever to Seaside Heights to meet up with family from NY. This hotel came highly recommended by our family. They were just as disappointed. It started our first night with young kids drinking above us, a bottle was thrown through a window, police came. Second night the people above us (sisters) had a fight. They carried on until well after 3am in the morning. I asked the staff repeatedly if we could move. Their answer "no rooms". The room was filthy with ashes on the floor and splattered drinks on disgusting paneling. The staff told us they could not control the situations that occurred. They did not consider my family's safety. Whoever thinks this Motel is "tops" has not experienced real vacationing! The only good part was the breakfast which is owned by a separate propietor and the staff there was very nice.

Room Tip: Find another motel/hotel. There is nothing nice about these accomodations.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I've been going to Seaside for years and will only stay either here or the Sunburst Motel (which ranks #1 in my opinion, but is a bit too pricey for me). Anyway the Hershey has decent free breakfast, a nice clean pool and the rooms are clean. The only negative thing this year is that the maid service was awful....e.g., our room was skipped over twice and I had to go to the desk and complain, but the issue was taken care of immediately. Overall a great place to stay in Seaside.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Where do we start I'm writing this from the room now. I couldn't even wait to get home. No cable tv was told all of sea side was out of cable. Not true I called the place across the street who said their cable was fine. The room was dingy and filthy, the walls have splatter marks on them as well as holes they were filled and not repaired properly. The ac didn't work right took 3 hours to figure out we needed a whole new unit. Mind you it's midnight I have two children while this is going on. I have so many pictures cannot wait to upload when I return lord have mercy. And from what I read I pray no bed bugs I'll flip

• Stayed July 2012
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This motel is family friendly. Restaurant and pub on premises. Giant pool with baby/children's pool. Several umbrellas/many lounge chairs and a great sundeck. Game room and vouchers for breakfast...

Clean rooms, friendly staff, close to boardwalk, waterpark. A pleasant quiet location, although close to all other needs, drugstore, deli, etc.

Room Tip: Many steps to third floor, you may want to ask for lower floors. Give specifics about your bed type...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed there about a week ago and the only reason I'm giving it a rating of 2 is because of the free breakfast (food was good) and how quickly they took care of rowdy vacationers.

So, for these reasons the place is AWFUL:
~NO PHONES IN THE ROOM (yes, MOST of us have cellphones but in an emergency how quickly would you be able to call the front office?) SERIOUSLY? HOW CHEAP!
~ONLY ONE LOCK ON THE DOORS!!!! (not even a deadbolt or a chain! Again...think emergency and add safety as a concern.)
~CLEANLINESS-AS IN VERY LITTLE (there were wrappers next to the bed, bedding didn't fit the bed thus showing a very unappealing mattress, lamp shades were very thick with dust which obviously takes time to accumulate, etc., etc.)
~ROOM WASN'T CLEANED DURING OUR STAY (only the beds were made and clean towels given. Tub left full of sand, garbage left, not even a papertowel which I forgot to throw away was left on the floor and not discarded.)
~LOOONG WAIT FOR BREAKFAST (office staff said that's how it is...they could care less)
~OFFICE STAFF ONLY KIND IF THINGS ARE OK...DEFENSIVE AND GROUCHY IF THERE'S A PROBLEM

NOTICE ON THEIR WEBSITE THERE ISN'T ANY WAY TO LEAVE A REVIEW...FOR A REASON.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask to see your room first and have issues taken care of immediately though we...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hershey Motel? Share your experiences!