“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY” 1 of 5 stars

Glendale Motel
26 Lincoln Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Glendale and honestly, it was absolutely repulsive. I actually did my research before hand and looked up reviews before I booked our trip and only saw one out of about 30 that said this place was horrible but I tried to stay optimistic, thinking they may have just had a bad experience, nope! They were right! We only stayed for one night THANK GOD because I would never go back there again. I booked our stay over the phone and they seemed completely professional, but this was not the case at all. There was THREE pieces of gum stuck to the wall right near my boyfriends head, hair in the shower drain, the bathroom sink sprayed in every direction except downward and the bathroom door didn't even close all the way. The bathroom in general looked like you woud get hepatitis from touching anything. The cups that are usually given to you in the bathroom COVERED IN PLASTIC weren't covered in anything but germs, needless to say we DID NOT use them. There was also a half used toilet paper roll left in the bathroom! Surprisingly there was a tv in the hotel (a very crappy one but at least it worked...sort of) which did not have a remote and got all of about four channels. I could deal with the tv because we spent as much of our time outside of the hotel as possible. By the end of the night, we were so grossed out by the room we didn't even sleep under the covers. As if the room wasn't bad enough, the service was terrible as well. We wanted to see what time check out was in the morning, so we didn't get over charged, THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE! They had a "be back in 30 minutes" sign on the door. My boyfriend and I waited over an hour for them to get back. I would 100% recommend staying at ANY other hotel rather than this one. I would definitely give it two thumbs down and negative 5 stars to say the least.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

It was quiet at check-in....The cops came the first time about 11pm...The loud partyers(kids) and motel staff had no consideration for anyone...About 40 drunks all night raising hell,cops called finally at 5am ended the bull...we finally got to sleep a few hours..We checked out and got a refund for the second night....no way were we staying there again ....ever...
We got a room in Best Western in point pleasent and had a great ending to the weekend at the beach...

Room Tip: Stay out of town...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Front desk assistance was very respectful and polite. I loved that it was so close to the beach. It was an amazing experience. And planning on going again. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2011
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everything in our room was wonderful....the room was clean and perfect fresh sheets blankets and towels...the pool was clean..the hotel was very welcoming...i would stay there again for sure...thanks for the wonderful room

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Beech Creek, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I don't know why the bad reviews our room was clean and the service was great... The front desk employee even allowed us to stay park on the property after we checked out.. I had a great experience and would definitely stay again..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Royal, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Um... if you want to get herpes or some kind of disease.. than this is your place. My friends and I booked a suite since we had 6 people. When we first got to the room I went to use the bathroom… o wait.. to my surprise I found a HUGE load of crap in the toilet. The room has never been cleaned. There were flies EVERYWHERE, you know since the crap had never been flushed! The vanity and sink were falling off so someone had to come and fix it. Dust and mold everywhere! Not to mention NASTY stains in the beds! When I went to the manager to tell them all of this, they acted like they didn’t understand what I was saying…WTH! There is CRAP in the toilet! Plain and simple….We all wanted to leave ASAP but everywhere else was booked so we were completely SOL and has to basically drown our sorrows in alcohol rather than vomit due to the disgustingness of this place. We are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

The title says it all. The bathroom smelled like weed and there were empty bottles still under the bed. The cops were there all night; a few people got arrested. If you're looking for a place to party and get no sleep, then come here and pay almost $400 a night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Glendale Motel? Share your experiences!