“Basic motel close to beach” 3 of 5 stars

You added Franklin Terrace Motel to your Saves list
Franklin Terrace Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   50 Franklin Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Basic motel close to beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is a VERY basic motel that I'd never consider booking if it was situated anywhere else; however on a August weekend this was the only thing available close to Seaside Heights boardwalk that was available at the last minute and I took a room. The experience was mixed.

PROS: clean overall; helpful and accommodating staff; LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION (one block from beach); has a small kitchen area with stove, sink and fridge. Somewhat newer furnishing.

CONS: tiny bathroom that smells; poor amenity (small soap bar in bathroom and nothing else; no cookware, utensils, or even a plastic cup for water - kind of defeats the purpose of having a kitchen). Bed not all that comfortable. Loud music from a club across the street that was still going past midnight on a Friday night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Franklin Terrace Motel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are not advertising our rooms as they are equipped with kitchenette, so we are not responsible for the kitchen supply. Nothing we can do about the club music, since town had allowed them to be open until 3am, we have no control over them.

Frank

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hempstead, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We had bed bugs, the water in the tub didn't go down, the floor was dirty, and my friend and I both got sick the day after we left. It was a disappointing experience which left a lot more to be desired.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Franklin Terrace Motel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We do have pest control company come to property every two weeks and we don't have any bed bug issue. If you had problem with the room or if you had bedbug problem why didn't you complain to management about it. We are 100% sure that we don't have any kind of pest control issue at our property.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I had a very good experience at the Franklin Terrace Motel. It was less than two blocks from the
beach.
Staff was so nice that when I left my iphone charger in my room after I checked out, one of their employees tracked me down at the bus stop a quarter mile away to return it!

My olnly complaint is that the bedspreads need to be replaced! Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Franklin Terrace Motel. We appreciate your feedback and compliments, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location. We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. Your feedback is very important to us, and was reviewed closely with our management team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed at the Franklin Terrace Motel for 2 days August 13-15. It was better than expected. The rooms were clean. Very close access to boardwalk. Was surprised to see my room beds were made each day and towels replaced. I am absolutely recommending to friends/family. The price was perfect! Thank you to a wonderful/friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our convenient location near many Jersey Shore hot spots. We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests.

Bushkill, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Repeat Customer.
My wife and two sons love this place. We stayed here last year, and again this year, and plan on coming back again!
It's a Family run business, and it shows. Franklin Terrace Motel is very reasonably priced, and is well worth it. They have a small pool, and it is nicely secluded so passerby's on the street aren't staring at you. They are close to the boardwalk but not on it so you can get some peace and quite when you want. They provide beach passes, but we didn't use them as we hopped in our car and went to Island Beach State park everyday, (hardly 10 minutes away).
Like I said, we're repeat customers, need I say more?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us again and thank you for your kind review. I’m so glad you think we are a spot that offers good value for your hard earned money because that was our intent, to offer clean comfortable accommodation at a more economical price. It is our hope to continue to provide this type of service to all our valued guests and we look forward to your next trip!

Drums
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Was better then expected since the price was so reasonable.VERY friendly owners...
Clean of course the floor would get sandy but it was cleaned everyday..bedding was crisp and white
Althought bathrooms are a little small it was CLEAN
New TV the kitchenette was great

• Stayed July 2014
Frank_TM, Manager at Franklin Terrace Motel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Franklin Terrace Motel. Thank you again for this excellent review of your recent stay with us! We are thrilled you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our convenient location near many Jersey Shore hot spots. We strive to bring clean affordable accommodation to each and every one of our guests. We look forward to your next stay!

Converse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

There were no flaws with my stay at Franklin Terrace Motel. I recommend anyone visiting Seaside Heights stay at this motel, 150%. The room I had originally booked was unavailable so I was upgraded which I was very pleased with. The cleanliness of the room was very impressive due to the sandy beach area. The cost of my stay was absolutely an amazing deal. The staff service was incredible.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear guest,

It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to your next visit.

Frank.

Been to Franklin Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!