“real dirty and gross” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
PA
“real dirty and gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

DO NOT stay at this motel. I paid for it, went to the room and left. FILTH FILTH FILTH and the manager is a lying scum. I filed a complaint against the motel to get my money returned, but the manager sent the BBB a very false letter of the explaination of our stay. He said it was raining and it was not, he said we stayed for 2 hours, we stayed 15 minutes. It had no towels, no remoted control for the tv, we had 1 channel on the tv, he gave us another remote that didn't work either. all in all it's the worst place i have seen!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

My daughter and I went away for the weekend and we ended up leaving after one night. The rooms were dirty and small, the bathroom was gross and when we got there we didn't even have towels!! No maid service and the pool was full of leaves. The worst was at 3 am a women who was obviously drunk knocked on my door and kept knocking until I came to the window. She then made circles on the window and didn't leave until about 10 mins later. When I told the manager he said I should have called him so he could tell me who the women was. Which made made me think it had happened before!!! Do Not go to this motel!!!

Troy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

My husband, daughter and I took our first vacation in over 16 yrs and it was the worst experience ever.... Our first night we didn't get back to hotel until 10-11 pm and when we went to turn our sheets over the bottom sheet had a stain on it. The bathroom is beyond small god forbid your a bigger person you wouldn't be able to move at all in this bathroom. Then the people in the room next to us did nothing but laugh and hit the walls all night. This was truly the worst place ever and I would never suggest anyone using this hotel OH also when we left a day early the fire marshal was there and the manager was giving his worker some first aid kits to distribute and batteries I believe for smoke detectors. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Southern NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We stayed here for one night this 4th of July weekend, or we tried too....We ended up driving back home that same night. We couldn't bring ourselves to sleep at this place. The carpets were sticky, the bathroom was very small and moldy. The place had a strange odor to it. On the wall next to the microwave was a splatter of dried food. The manager was wierd or as my sixteen year old son put it, he is a "Creeper". We were in the room next to the main office and felt as if we were being watched. The manager made an excuse to come into our room to set our TV remote. This in itself was bizarre. Next thing you know the TV would switch to a blank screen and read detach cam. Whatever that means??? It was loud with constant music and partying in the pool. I know it's a motel but come on, I paid $240.00 for one night. Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from this motel and the Creeper!!!!!

new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The only bad thing about this hotel is the bathrooms are small, and the carpet arent as clean but its just like any other motel in seaside. I went for prom weekend and enjoyed my stay. The owner dosent bother you, we hardly saw him. If youre a picky person you might not want stay here but i reccommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
belleville, nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

We stayed at this motel this summer and we were VERY dissapointed. The sheets were dirty, the bathroom was disgusting and VERY small, we had NO cleaning service the entire time we were there and had to actually go to the office ourselves for clean towels and toilet paper...... Would NOT recommend this place and we will definately find another place next year!

• Liked — the pool was big
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2006

Let's see. I don't think the room was extremely horrendous, but it did have a bunch of flaws. We stayed on a whim here, mainly because it was summer, we wanted to get away to SH, and the motel had a few open rooms. The bed was ok, but it did have a bunch of stains as other travelers have stated. The bathroom was moldy in spots, and very very very small. We also had the 'see through' door knob, dirty shower stall and sink. The fridge was ok. The outside party crew was so noisy - throughout the entire night in the pool. They were jumping from our balcony and I'm surprised we didn't hear an ambulance for some college kid breaking their neck. I know it was summer, but sheesh-got nooooo sleep. All in all, probably won't be back.

• Liked — Cool room to sleep in
  • Disliked — See review
  • Stayed July 2002, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!