“our jersey vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Tioga, Pennsylvania
“our jersey vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The people that owned the place were very nice and accommodating . However they have signs and cameras up all over saying they have video surveillance, this is NOT the case. We stayed there the past couple days and when we went to leave today discovered that my car had been hit in their parking lot overnight. They said the cameras have not worked in a couple years, filed a hit and run report but probably nothing will ever come of that. So now I am out my deductible for insurance because there is no surveillance cameras which would have showed who hit my car.. Long story short, nice people but be wary of parking your vehicle...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We went Jersey to attend a marriage of our friend and select this motel since this motel is a very cheap in price we assume that it wouldn't come up to the standard but we were surprise to see that this motel is very nice compare to the price. Rooms were huge and have fridge, microwave which usually motels doesn't have. Office staff was very friendly and helpful they never let us feel like strangers. Pool side area was cleaned and filled with towels. I enjoyed my stay in this motel.

Room Tip: i think first floor rooms are more bigger than the 2nd floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Absecon, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

When me and my family arrived the office staff was helpful and knowledgeable. They helped me and my family pick a great place for family fun during the day beside the beach. When we got back we decide to spend some time pool side . There was some sand in the pool, but that was not there fault. It was the fault of those who went to the beach and did not shower first. Now i couldn't expect them to just be standing there all day to clean out the pool,but when I said something they had no problem sending one of there staff members to clean the sand out the pool. The staff there was very friendly and did not make me feel weird for saying something. When the evening came and we need to find a family oriented place to eat w/ good prices they had answers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

If your planing a typical seaside experience (go to the beach, get drunk, pass out, go to bed) this is fine. We got a room with two king sized beds for about 170 a night. This is not glamorous. The tv didn't work, the beds were uncomfortable, there were no towels, and the bathroom smelled like drugs. But it was in walking distance of the beach and a fabulous breakfast place.
If you just need a place to sleep so you are not drinking and driving this is ideal. If you want a family vacation, look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I checked in on a friday to stay for the weekend and check out On Sunday and was very excited for a relaxing weekend. Instead it was the total opposite. I have stayed in the motel rooms at dry dock in the past in 2007 and they were very outdated and not kept up but everything was working at least so i booked through them now (2012) again and booked a 3 bedroom 3 bath apartment. I got there and it was disgusting I'm talking gum on the back of the door, spackle slapped on holes that were probably punches through the walls, stuff stuck into the carpets, mold, just gross. On top of that 2 of the 3 toilets were not working so I called maintenance to come and fix. They came and "fixed" it. It was not fixed so I called again (meanwhile I Waited 3 hours for this while my friends were at the beach) then finally they were fixed. Later that night the bathroom did not work again. So 3 times I called them within a few hours. At this point I asked them for my money back and to switch places, they said no and that I can check out but loose my 900 plus 200 deposit! I was PISSED, during the time this was happening in the office, 2 ladies were unhappy and said they checked in and checked right back out because of the mold in their motel room and proceeded to tell me they were on vacation with their sister for the last time because she was dying of cancer and the motel STILL kept the 200 deposit from them. Absolutely disgusting people that work there that they can do that. So then Saturday morning my friend turned on the fan above my head and the light glass fixture fell on me so i brought it to the office to tell them what happened and they said I was making all this stuff up. I couldn't believe what was happening infront of my face. This is a family run business and they were laughing at us at one point when we were talking to them. Long story short the only accomodation they did for us was say well refund you 100$ so I was like THANKKKKKK GOD they budged even a little, and When sunday came and i checked out and they said your only getting 50$ instead because we were a few minutes late on check out. At this point if I stayed any longer and argued with them I would have gave myself a heartattack. Please please please do NOT stay here they can not be able to get away with this anymore. Read all reviews I'm not the only one that is not happy. Bed bugs, blood on walls, poop on toilet seat, please do not BOOK them.

• Stayed August 2012
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

About the only thing this hotel has going for it is location. The beds are hard as a rock, the pool is filthy, the bathtub is worse then the pool, the paint on the hall way floors is chipping away. I could go on and on. The only reason I give it 2 stars is price & Location! There are way to many other choices to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I do not recommend renting here. The pool was dirty; needed vacuuming n skimming. Don't even know when the last time that was done. Trash in the skimmer, full of sand and debris!! Our apartment in the back had wet floors. The door lock was not secure enough to make u feel comfortable leaving ur belongings behind. They rent to young parties. Who had trash all over the yard n the weeds behind our apartment were completely overgrown. One of three grills worked, which made a line at dinner time. The cable tv was not even watchable. The owners don't care about the properties they rent across the street from the motel. When calling for reservations; u r specifically asked if ur a young group...we r not old but, didn't go down to throw a party for 50 young ppl out back, hanging on the roof. Went for a relaxing time n felt frustrated about the cleanliness of the pool and deplorable back entrance yard conditions.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Dry Dock Motel? Share your experiences!