“PLEASE READ... DIGUSTING PLACE, HORRIBLE SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

You added Dry Dock Motel to your Saves list
Dry Dock Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   50 Lincoln Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“PLEASE READ... DIGUSTING PLACE, HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I checked in on a friday to stay for the weekend and check out On Sunday and was very excited for a relaxing weekend. Instead it was the total opposite. I have stayed in the motel rooms at dry dock in the past in 2007 and they were very outdated and not kept up but everything was working at least so i booked through them now (2012) again and booked a 3 bedroom 3 bath apartment. I got there and it was disgusting I'm talking gum on the back of the door, spackle slapped on holes that were probably punches through the walls, stuff stuck into the carpets, mold, just gross. On top of that 2 of the 3 toilets were not working so I called maintenance to come and fix. They came and "fixed" it. It was not fixed so I called again (meanwhile I Waited 3 hours for this while my friends were at the beach) then finally they were fixed. Later that night the bathroom did not work again. So 3 times I called them within a few hours. At this point I asked them for my money back and to switch places, they said no and that I can check out but loose my 900 plus 200 deposit! I was PISSED, during the time this was happening in the office, 2 ladies were unhappy and said they checked in and checked right back out because of the mold in their motel room and proceeded to tell me they were on vacation with their sister for the last time because she was dying of cancer and the motel STILL kept the 200 deposit from them. Absolutely disgusting people that work there that they can do that. So then Saturday morning my friend turned on the fan above my head and the light glass fixture fell on me so i brought it to the office to tell them what happened and they said I was making all this stuff up. I couldn't believe what was happening infront of my face. This is a family run business and they were laughing at us at one point when we were talking to them. Long story short the only accomodation they did for us was say well refund you 100$ so I was like THANKKKKKK GOD they budged even a little, and When sunday came and i checked out and they said your only getting 50$ instead because we were a few minutes late on check out. At this point if I stayed any longer and argued with them I would have gave myself a heartattack. Please please please do NOT stay here they can not be able to get away with this anymore. Read all reviews I'm not the only one that is not happy. Bed bugs, blood on walls, poop on toilet seat, please do not BOOK them.

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

About the only thing this hotel has going for it is location. The beds are hard as a rock, the pool is filthy, the bathtub is worse then the pool, the paint on the hall way floors is chipping away. I could go on and on. The only reason I give it 2 stars is price & Location! There are way to many other choices to ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I do not recommend renting here. The pool was dirty; needed vacuuming n skimming. Don't even know when the last time that was done. Trash in the skimmer, full of sand and debris!! Our apartment in the back had wet floors. The door lock was not secure enough to make u feel comfortable leaving ur belongings behind. They rent to young parties. Who had trash all over the yard n the weeds behind our apartment were completely overgrown. One of three grills worked, which made a line at dinner time. The cable tv was not even watchable. The owners don't care about the properties they rent across the street from the motel. When calling for reservations; u r specifically asked if ur a young group...we r not old but, didn't go down to throw a party for 50 young ppl out back, hanging on the roof. Went for a relaxing time n felt frustrated about the cleanliness of the pool and deplorable back entrance yard conditions.

• Stayed August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We originally booked a room for Dry Docks sister property"Skyview Manor" after being horrified by the condition of the rooms and illegal activies outside of the rooms, the owner redeemed himself by placing us in private apartment at Dry Dock and honored our original room price . The office staff at Dry Dock were very accomodating and super friendly. The apartment was clean and fit our needs,We did request the bedding be changed as soon as we checked in and the staff was right on it. 1/2 block from the beach and private parking was awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This place is very nice. Great location clubs, bars, the beach all close by. I stayed in room 10. The king size room. I had good rest enjoyed my stay, went home. What more could I ask for? I didn't have to say much to the staff, put my room key in the office drop latch and went home. I saved a lot of money too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The DRY DOCK MOTEL was the most HORRIBLE motel I have ever been to. It was DIRTY, SMELLY, DISGUSTING and UNBEARABLE. There was blood on the sheets, rust in the showers, mold everywhere, and stains in the carpets. The air conditioning did not work and neither did the TV. There was also cigarette burns everywhere. It didn't look like they ever cleaned. We asked for another room and it was the same thing. There was even MORE blood in the sheets! We asked for a refund and they refused!!!!!! The staff was rude and unfriendly and I couldn't believe their low standards. We had to end up loosing $100 and finding another motel. It was like stepping into a dirty sewer or walking into a giant dumpster. I felt so uncomfortable! I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone!!!!!!! It needs to be shut down immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know how they are still in business!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

My and my girlfriend checked into this dumpster at 2:30 on a Sat afternoon and rite after check in we threw our stuff in the room and hit the boardwalk. After getting back to this crap shack I went to use the bathroom where I found mold and filth so we packed out stuff up and went to the front desk and asked for a refund and was told he could refund all but my $50 deposit and i told the guy i wanted ALL my money back due to sanatation problems so he offered me two other rooms that were just as bad if not worse they all looked like muder sceans this place is trash and should be shut down do to mold and filth. The people that run this place are trash too I will never stay in sea side ever due to this crap motel !

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Dry Dock Motel? Share your experiences!