“Not too bad, could be better.” 3 of 5 stars

Dry Dock Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   50 Lincoln Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #18 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Not too bad, could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after only trying to book a hotel by the ocean on short notice. All the really nice ones were all bokked up. The hotel was better than I had thought it would be, especially not being familiar with Sea Side Heights. Opened the door and no musty or moldy smell, no bugs, and decent beds. By the third night my back was done though. The only bad thing about the room was the small bathroom with some mold on the ceiling tiles. The tub was painted three times over but still clean. The hotel could use some major renovations to update the rooms. It was quiet in our room being on the street side and couldnt hear the room next to us. Pool was the nicest thing about the property. Clean with some gas grills to use. Very close to the boardwalk and rides on the pier. The hotel manager and other staff really nice and helpfull. Towels when needed. They will only service your room when you are there, for security of your belongings. Which is the first I have seen. I would be back to the hotel if in the area again if updated or remodled.

Room Tip: The twin KING size beds are worth it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

Thank you. Me and my friends had so much fun in one of your houses we will definitely try rent a house from there again soon .thank you again

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Stayed in july long weekend....motel was very good and has a nice swimming pool.....it is 1 min walk from board walk and is very convinienlyt located......office staff is very helpful....we had a great time and it was an awesum weekend.

Room Tip: deluxe room is a good bet
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
West Suffield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I stayed in rental house 38A with a group of 8 people, all in our 20s. It was definitely no five star hotel, but it was in the perfect location. It was definitely stumbling distance from the beach, boardwalk, pier, and clubs. Parking ended up being no problem (during 4th of July week), so we were able to keep 3 cars in the driveway the whole time. The house came with toilet paper, sheets/pillows, and towels. We brought everything else we needed for the week. The best (and most surprising) part was that the rooms all had AC units and they were on full blast when we arrived. Ken (the owner of both the motel and the properties) was great about getting us whatever we needed. If you're not looking for anything fancy, and you like to party, this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Watch the virtual tours of each rental property.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011 via mobile

Great motel to stay at in a perfect location! Ken and CJ are exceptional A+++

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

I was not happy at all with this hotel. Our room was never cleaned any of the three days we stayed. No fresh towels, and no clean sheets. It was gross! The electric went off when we tried to use a blowdryer and the water pressure was bad in the shower! The pool was never cleaned and there was a large group of people bbqing with the bass on high in there car all hours of the day and night. I'd never recommend this place or stay here again. I don't think its too much to ask for clean towels and a fresh bed. Sorry but it was gross and unbelievable!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

We only stayed 2 nights...check in was easy...but..not enough parking! Had to complain about finding a spot...after being squeezed into a spot(and scared my car would be hit) we entered the room....bare minimum room(which was expected) but bathroom smelled of urine...and was not clean, like other motels I've been in at seaside! But, you get what you pay for, and this motel was very cheap, and close to the board walk!....stay was fine, upon check out...I returned the key, they checked the room, and said I was good to go....I inquired about the 100 deposit to be rufunded to my card, they said they didn't charge it! But, I showed them my reciept, and I was charged(they weren't going to give it back), so because I kept the reciept...they refunded the 100...also, there was someone else checking out, and they said there room had bed bugs!!!!!!! They got eaten up that night, I che,kex for bed bugs in our room, and ours was fine, but don't think ill stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Dry Dock Motel? Share your experiences!