You added Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights to your Saves list
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My Husband and I have been to this property a few times but this was our first time since it has upgraded to a Days Inn. We were kind of skeptical at first, but to our surprise it was great! The staff was wonderful, hands down best I have seen in Seaside. The rooms were nice and clean, but my favorite renovated part of the property is the Lobby its Beautiful! We will definitely be back this Summer, already have out room booked!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about your visit to our great hotel in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. We are happy to that you have visited us multiple times and have noticed our improvements. Our staff really are glad to hear you found your rooms to be comfortable and clean and we are excited to see you again this coming summer!

Guest Relations - Days Inn Seaside Heights / Toms River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pennsauken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I just came back from 2 nights here with our 1 year old son. We went for the St. Patty's Day parade so we wanted a room within walking distance. That ended up being one of the only good things about this place - it was only about 2 blocks away from the parade route, which was convenient with having a baby who needed a nap right when it was over! The only other good thing that I can say was that the staff member who checked us in on Friday night and out on Sunday morning was really nice and helpful. I'm sorry I didn't catch his name. The guy who was there on Saturday morning was great too. They are the reason I am giving a 3 out of 5 instead of 2. Anyway, on to the negatives. The king bed room we had was definitely one of the smallest I have ever stayed in. We barely had any room to fit our son's pack-n-play in the room without having to climb over the bed. Also, it was not exactly clean - which even though I wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel, I WAS expecting it to be clean. There was dirt and dust everywhere, the floor was filthy, there were stains all over the bedspread, pillows, chair & ottoman, and the heating/ac unit looked like it was filled with ashes inside. I cringed when my son stuck his baby bottle in one of the vents! Also, when we arrived the maid had left 2 bath towels and a basket on the bed - in the basket was a roll of toilet paper, and a few toiletries (lotion, shampoo, etc.) and an EMPTY wrapper that once contained a bar of soap! Good thing I brought my own! There were no was cloths or hand towels, just 2 bath towels. I'm pretty sure we had a partially updated room, since the flooring seemed new, as did some of the furniture and the bathroom sink. But some parts of the room seemed like they had not been updated. Oh and speaking of the bathroom sink, I have never seen anything designed this way! You couldn't fit your hands under the faucet to wash them! Why would anything be intentionally made this way?! I'm so sorry I forgot to take pictures to post here because I didn't want to forget anything. Also, the walls are so thin - we could hear our neighbor's conversations and then we hard them partying all night long, including screaming and slamming doors until 4am. Maybe this place will be better once they complete all the renovations which hopefully they are still doing. If you're literally just looking for a cheap place to sleep and you don't care about anything else, then I would recommend this motel... otherwise you might want to look elsewhere. Oh I almost forgot about parking. You are supposed to have a permit displayed in your car, since there are probably only enough spots to park one car per room, especially if they're totally booked which they were when we stayed. There were several cars without permits, but after informing the front desk guy of this on Saturday night, he didn't seem to care. So we had no where to park. He told me to park on the street since it's free, but I informed him it's not free overnight.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Ms. KristenJovi,

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We appreciate you writing about your stay with us over the Holiday weekend.

We understand that there were some issues with your stay that prevented a fully enjoyable stay. We have spoken to our housekeeping supervisor about the room deficiencies as this is not a typical guest experience. In regards to the upgrades, we appreciate you enjoyed the upgrades so far and we will continue to improve our hotel every year.

We look forward to your future stay so we may provide a much better experience for you and your family!

Guest Relations
new york metro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

That's not truly a knock as the place seems recently renovated. Trouble is not entirely. For instance the wood baseboard along the floors in the room were old and not to clean. The door to the bathroom was chipped. The dispenser for the toilet tissuee was rusted. There was no drain handle on the bathroom sink.Worse yet don't be fooled into thinking there's no hot water when you turn on the bathroom faucet. Turns out, hot and cold are reversed ! In general the room was clean with fresh paint , and lovely art work, along with a nice flat screen tv. So if you don;'t care about elegance and just need a bed for the nite at a good rate.... enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Yanks,

We really appreciate you sharing your experience at our great hotel. Our entire team are so happy to see you enjoyed our clean, freshened up rooms and our wonderful amenities. We will certainly look into resolving those minor issues you have identified with our maintenance team as quickly as possible. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Guest Relations at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights
Bath, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We just spent a night here, on Valentine's week-end. It was the best price for the location, & we were well satisfied with it, for the night. The place has been recently up-graded. Very affordable, very friendly staff, & the room served our needs. Good breakfast, & really affordable.
This place used to be known as the Cranberry Inn - recently taken-over by Days Inn chain.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Mr. James,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about your great experience at our excellent hotel. We are glad to be your preferred choice when visiting the Toms River / Seaside Heights area at the Jersey Shore. We look forward to hosting your next visit!

Guest Relations - Days Inn Toms River / Seaside Heights
Wilton Manors, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Seaside regulars, we came down to spend New Years Eve at Hemmingways. We read the reviews for this place on Kayak and were not sure what the expect. The gentlemen at the front desk were great, friendly, helpful, personable, the lobby even seemed nice. (Especially compared to the mechanics closet "lobbys" most seaside motels have) It was a little bit of a pain that the hotel is sectioned off and you can only get to your room one way, but that's neither here nor there.
We were totally impressed with the rooms, clean renovated and very warm, except the bathroom which was freezing for some reason, and the floor which was also really cold.
Everything was clean, the tv worked and it was one of the lowest priced rooms we've stayed in. It's a little far from everything but in the summer it won't be an issue to walk. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear your had a wonderful stay at our great hotel. Our hardworking staff are glad to see their efforts contributed to your wonderful stay and we will continue to improve our hotel. Thank you for recognizing our 24 hr Welcome lobby as well as the excellent rooms.

Guest Relations - Days Inn - Seaside Heights / Toms River
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I don't know what to say... The front office guy was great so thank you but the room was not good at all. A space heater to hear a freezing cold room. What was that about. Unacceptable period!! The office guy moved us to warmth but I froze for an hour. Then when we got to the second room the bed had springs could be felt in my back. I was too tierd to complain. The rooms were not clean. I was not happy at all but I must say the service was good... I plan to address this further up.. Days Inn near Jersey Shore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback so we may be able to address any issues guests may face. We understand the severe cold weather may have contributed to some of the issues you faced. We also will check on the issue you mentioned about the bed's comfort.

Guest Relations
Trenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

i came down with friends & family. We went out for NY Eve, in Seaside, and stayed overnight @ Days In .I like the affordable rates and I think that the rooms are beautiful, for the price. The staff, from the time I booked the room, and all thru my stay, were extreme friendly and helpful. Location is great, as I, frequently, go down to Seaside Heights Boardwalk. Wally, Alex and your cleaning & maintenance staff were very nice and knowledgeable. Due to that...and the affordable rates and cleanliness...I will, definitely, stay at the Days Inn @ 201 Hiering Ave, Seaside Heights, NJ, again! If summer rates are reasonable...I will stay there, alot, this coming Summer (2014). I will fefinitely recommend you to my friends! If you are ever offering specials, please email me at kcotillo@optonline.net. Thank You. Karyn Cotillo

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Ms. Karyn,

We are so glad to see you really enjoyed your stay at our excellent hotel. We will of course inform you about any specials or deals that will be available quite soon. Our staff are so happy that you recognized each and every one of them as they really work with their heart for all our guests. It was our pleasure and thank you for your wonderful words!

Guest Relations at the Days Inn - Toms River/ Seaside Heights

Been to Days Inn - Toms River / Seaside Heights? Share your experiences!