“The location was good” 3 of 5 stars

711 Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #18 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
“The location was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed overnight. For a last minute booking it was a good price. The owner was very nice and on site all the time. The room was spacious and had a full size fridge. I was a little concerned that they kept my ID while we had the beach passes, although they did toss in an extra pass for my son. Note that they did not disclose there would only be two given to begin with. The bathroom was tiny, and the seat had a crack in it, which was an unpleasant surprise, but the shower was awesome. The pillows were very very flat, obviously older but the beds were decent. The tv was on the wall up high and the size of a computer monitor, but was a newer model. Parking is a major issue, but the owner was right there to help direct. Noise wasn't a major issue despite being so close to everything. Overall I would say it was ok, but I don't know if I'd stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean......, for the most part. Old tattered towels, cheap everything etc. I received a lecture about partying and noise, then was escorted down a loud hallway with people clearly partying in their rooms. Not sure why people say the owners were nice. One of the brothers almost jumped the desk at check-out because I mentioned being charged for one level room, but, was placed in another. Yes, I was flat out ripped off. When I mentioned it, his hands went up, he started screaming at me…..I thought he was coming. In any event, ….I told him the 10 dollars isn’t the issue anymore, his behavior is! He said he would credit me. Never did! So, if you looking for a dump to rip you off….this is the place. I can only hope this saves someone from the same mistake I made.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Valhalla, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

boardwalk and beach was extremely close; the rooms were clean and the management was nice and very helpful. only problem that some might not like is bc it is so close to the beach and the boardwalk, it gets a little noisy at night, but that's all. highly recommend and when we come back to seaside, we plan to stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Must say we had a pretty pleasant experience when staying at the Buoy 16. Check in was easy, the room was ready earlier than the actual check in time, so they let us know which was nice. One of the first things I do when arriving to the room is to move a piece of furniture to see if they move it to clean, just gives you a feel of how clean the room is and it passed the test. Been to Seaside Heights 3 separate times and stayed somewhere different each time and this motel had the nicest bathroom of them all.

The only thing I didn't like about the trip was how the guy that shows you the room came across. I know they probably deal with some troublemakers now and then, but you can't judge that a certain group will be like that. I'm pretty sure he thought we were party animals, because he said "you see how the room is, that's how it needs to be when you leave" which is something I have never heard before. I didn't say anything as I typically would because I wasn't sure how he meant it, but either way if you would use your hospitality skills, you wouldn't say something like that.

I bet he was surprised to see what the room looked like when we left, probably a lot easier to clean after we left than most places, after assuming what type of people we were.

For that very reason, I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room opened to the street facing the boardwalk and when drunk people would be walking by at 2AM...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed June 25th only for one night, the room was very clean, the ac worked very well, the room had a mini fridge and microwave, the service was great, they gave us beach passes (we needed to leave an ID for the passes) it was about a two minute walk to the beach and the rides, it was located directly across from Jimbos, we didn't need to drive anywhere, you could walk to all the bars and stores. It was also right next to the water park. The only thing I didn't love about this place was that check out was at 10am, which to me is a little early and it didn't have a pool but with the beach so close I didn't feel like they really needed one. Had a great time and plan on staying here again in the near future!!

• Stayed June 2014
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights. It was great. The place is clean and management is very helpful. It is right in the middle of everything going on. Extremely quiet for where it is located. We are going to go back to this motel every time we go to Seaside. The only downfall if you have kids there is no pool.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is the second season that we have traveled to Seaside Heights, NJ
and once again we stayed at the Buoy 16 Motel. The rooms were upgraded
during the winter months. My wife and I once again had a very pleasant
experience. This Motel is truly in the heart of Seaside Heights. This Motel
is worth checking out.

Room Tip: A Great Experience!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Buoy 16 Motel? Share your experiences!