“Birthday Celebration” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Bronx, NY
“Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I went to the Belmont appx 6 or 7 yrs ago and wanted to go back to the shore to celebrate my birthday. My family and I had a fantastic time...we grilled, my nephew DJ'd and we enjoyed the pool and the boardwalk. Staff was pleasant and very accommodating. There was a continental breakfast offered that looked great (we had our own breakfast) and beach passes were on hand every day. The rooms have been updated since i was last there, but the hotel could use a bit more updating.

The Belmont is located 2 blocks away from the Boardwalk which also hosts a water park. If you'd rather have a hot breakfast, I recommend Bobber's which is right next to the 7-11 (across the street from the Belmont) which served great breakfast and had great service. A lil further down is "Just Breakfast", also pretty delish. For my birthday dinner, we went to Savor Lounge, which was very snazzy, very nice and modern, and the service was awesome. Food was delicious and reasonably priced. We then stepped out to the patio to enjoy the sea breeze and the live DJ they had. It was a lovely birthday and Belmont's location made everything easy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North Bergen, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed at the Belmont during my 4th of July, I usually rent beach houses when vacationing at Jersey Shore, but this year I have decided to try something different and rent a hotel room. After through research of all the properties in Seaside, I decided to book at the Belmont based on all the great reviews and I wasn't disappointed. Belmont lived up to its standards providing exceptionally clean room, crystal clear pool, and exceptional service. They provided beach passes everyday, which saved my family of $$$. They provided top quality continental breakfast. The bagels were delivered fresh every morning, along with cereal, and one of the better coffees I have tasted. The pool water was constantly cleaned. The trained is exceptionally trained, they do an incredible job cleaning the room everyday. The manager's name is Benjamin, he made the reservation, check in, and check out process super easy. He was very polite on the phone, he was a delight to talk too spoke in a very professional manner. The motel was only a block away from the boardwalk and beach. Benjamin has been a manager in Seaside for the past 15 years, he gave us the best recommendation on places to eat. We stayed at the Deluxe Luxury Suites, I would definitely recommend this room for any families. We cannot wait to come back next year, I would definitely recommend this Hotel coming to visit Seaside.

Room Tip: Deluxe Luxury Suites, TWO Queen sized beds,desk, tv, living room with sofa bed, tv, vanity area, ref...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gouldsboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Benjamin at the front desk was very nice. That is about ALL I can about the experience being good!!!!!
When we checked into the room I found food from the previous guests. The refrigerator was gross. It was obviously not cleaned.
I went into the bathroom to clean with Clorox wipes that I brought from home. The wipes were black when I was done cleaning! It was disgusting!

The entire time we were there no one cleaned our room! The floors were full of sand the entire time. We kept our shoes on all the time!

We were planning in using the sleeper sofa in the living room but could not let me son sleep on it because it was old and very dirty. The chair was also stained black.

There was a small group of people ( not sure who they were but they always went into the office, I am thinking they were either friends or family) They sat by the pool ALL day and made you feel as though you were intruding at the pool. I never felt so uncomfortable at a pool hotel before.
We were only there a short time but if our vacation was longer I would have found a different place to stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Arrived at night and we were very welcomed by management. The breakfast was good the room was above average. The pool chairs are very comfortable for lying down in. The grill also works excellent. I chose this place and will continue to chose it in the future

a friendly environment

A lot of families stayed here at the time when I went

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I had such a restful and pleasant stay at The Belmont. The motel is kept clean and comfortable. If you needed something or information the staff and owner were very accommodating. The second floor open area was a bonus for hanging out, eating and meeting the other guests. The location is convenient to everything.
OK it's not a business class four star hotel. It's a classic beachside motel, and rates an -A as such. They definitely make a point of looking after the motel and their guests. You can walk to beach, mid-way, supermarket and restaurants.

Room Tip: Upstairs room gets the awesome summer breezes.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I really hate to say anything negative about this motel because the owner and staff are really nice but I think it is only fair to be honest about the condition of the motel. We booked in March and reserved a efficiency apartment. Upon arrival, we noticed there are 2 sections to this motel. One quite old and then a newer section. We were placed in the older section where the room was old, dirty (stove was unusable because it was filthy, refrig was held together with duct tape, shower was moldy, chair was broken) and there was only 1 television and 1 air conditioner (in the bedroom). The whole point of getting a 2 room apartment was so my son could go to bed and sleep in in the morning and my husband and I could stay awake and get up early without bothering him. This was not possible unless we wanted to sit at a tiny table without television or air conditioning. We mentioned to the manager that we wanted to see a room on the newer side and he happily showed us. We agreed on a price adjustment and moved into a different room. This room was definitely newer and better suited for us but still dirty. The air conditioners and refrigerators leaked so the floor was always wet. The bathroom was tiny and the shower rod 'rested' on the shower sides. So if it was just bumped, it fell down. The couch and chair was stained and had cigarette burns and the remote controls did not work.

The pool at the motel is large and clean and the location of this hotel is great. Close to the beach and boardwalk but not on a busy street. Beach tags are included in your stay.

We were not impressed with Seaside Heights in general or with the motel. The owner and staff are friendly and accomidating but the whole city in general needs a major facelift!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hurley, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked this motel because of all the rave reviews, well, hubby and I were not impressed at all!!
The beds were absolutley horrendous, to say the least, first off they need to replace the mattresses since they have sink holes in the middle of them, and they were covered with plastic, YUCK! Kind of got the feeling that some of the "guests" lived there permanently, wasn't thrilled about that either.
The only positive things, close to the boardwalk, decent continental breakfast, and parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple