“Met our Expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 43 hotels in Seaside Heights
Thornhill, Canada
“Met our Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

For the price, we really weren't expecting 5-star. We just wanted a clean place, enough beds for five travelers, parking and air conditioning. We opted for the suite, which included a fold-out bed and a sitting room. It also had a coffee-maker, microwave, mini-fridge, toaster, some counter space and kitchen supplies. But without a range, I wouldn't call it a kitchenette. But the room and amenities met our needs. The owner and the staff were great. They checked us in early. We didn't use the pool, but it seemed like a nice little family gathering place. Someone was even barbequing last night. We felt quite safe with the Seaside Heights Police Department right across the street. The best feature besides the considerable family value: the location close to the boardwalk and the beach. Narly waves!! The Belmont's not fancy or luxurious. But if you wanted fancy and luxurious, you probably wouldn't vacation here in the first place. Seaside Heights is all about beach, clubs and tackiness. Perfect spot for the area's niche market, ages 19-24. We Love the area nonetheless. As Arnold said: we'll be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

THe hotel was dirty, dingy and smelly. My bathroom door had mold & mildew. The floors of the room were covered in sand upon arrival. There was stains on the sheets and blankets. The chair had a huge stain, so we wouldn't even sit in it. We never took off our shoes not even to shower. The ice machine is covered in rust & is very dirty on the outside which I'm sure the dirt must get on the ice. One of the flight of stairs that we had to walk up reaked of urine everytime we walked up or down for three days. The only decent part of our stay was the fact that it was a great location & very close to the boardwalk. If you don't plan of staying in the room at all or if you don't mind filth then stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Came back to Belmont again this year. This year I came back with a few friends for the fourth of July. We booked two rooms. Ben was nice enough to put the rooms right next to each other. pool was clean as usual and I got breakfast in the morning. I don't have complaints, and I will go back if I visit Seaside again.

I recommend walking the entire boardwalk in Seaside, they have some great games and fireworks show

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
West Berlin, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

my stay here was very nice, everyone there was very accomadating, Benjamin made sure we had everything we needed as long as we asked, rooms were nicely kept with room service who came in every day, beach tags were given, breakfast bagels, cereal, tea, & coffee were put out each morning at 9!, We all reccomend this hotel as we all will be coming back! Thanks for everything belmont!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here from 7/3-7/6 and I have nothing bad to say about this place. It was about 2 blocks from the boardwalk, the room service was quick and efficient, they had a complimentary breakfast every morning, the rooms were nice and clean and the pool area was nice and relaxing. I'm going back next month and I will Definitly be staying here. I HIGHLY reccomend the Belmont Motel.

• Stayed July 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

my stay was great here.. the manager is a down-to-earth guy.. the rooms are up-to date, and me and my girlfriend got beach tags to go on the beach which saved us a lot of money for the 4 nights we were there. Also, we got room service when we asked for it, and the staff are really helpful and friendly. I have been to other motels, and they are not up the standard, so I always end up returning to Belmont motel. I recommend people to go here for their stay, you will enjoy it and everything is in close proximity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We arrived to the Belmont, expecting a great stay being it was rated #4 , but this hotel was a dump. The manager was very nasty. As we went to check in we were questioning prices because I had read that they were known to change the rates upon arrival, "he said either pay the price or I will make a lot more money off of someone else tonight, I will make $300 I am rated 4 of 41". We asked if they had vacancy for a third night , and he said no, but after staying our two nights he all of a sudden had a room open for $190 plus tax mean while we already found much cheaper and cleaner hotels along the boardwalk. Our room was disgusting, we walked into the room that was full of sand, as if it hadn't been swept or mopped. Bathroom full of mold, the shower door was broke. The bathroom had no toilet paper, did no maid check before approving the room. I asked for a playpen for my daughter, it was stained dirty and smelled. The beds were uncomfortable as you felt the spring in your back. The room also had a distinct smelly odor. I do not know why its rated so high, I'm sure they have family members rating them, because this hotel was not worth the money we spent. Usually you get what you pay for but this time we were ripped off because we spent a lot thinking the hotel would be great.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Belmont Motel? Share your experiences!