“End of Summer Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Middle Village, New York
“End of Summer Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

2nd time going to Seaside Heights and the 1st at The Bay Breeze, Room was clean and Mike The Owner/Manager is very Helpful and tries to make you feel right at home. He does run a tight ship but hey I would too. what we liked the most was that it's very Quiet and Safe. you get free Breakfast and free parking, Internet was fast and Tv had plenty of channels. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
leicester uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We arrived bank holiday labor weekend, was a total ghost town, being British and not stuck in an early 90s time warp of fashion, we stuck out like a sore thumb! The motel itself was just ok, could do with brightening up, one of the previous reviews mentioned about sand all over the floors, this is true, but mike the owner is friendly enough and his daughter, but I felt unsafe in the neighbourhood, constantly got gormed at by locals and if your not into fun fairs this place isnt for you. Any people from the uk reading this expect Skegness or Blackpool and you won't be disappointed but other then that all I can say is that MTV must seriously glorify this place with editing! Our taxi driver also let us know that the motel and surrounding ones let these places out to people on welfare after the summer months so read into that what you will.

• Stayed September 2012
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I highly recommend this motel. The owner is a really nice guy, but the reviews are right, he runs a tight ship. If I was going to invest my money in a motel on the beach, I would also run a tight ship.

I thought the room was very clean. You can tell the rooms are cleaned well each day. The TV was modern enough and the room had a great AC system and nice blackout shades. The beds were good enough. The bathrooms were cleaned and included packets of soap and shampoo. I really liked that the room had a refrigerator.

Breakfast was provided daily. It's not much, but if you're on a budget, you will be filled. There is a very small pool. We didn't use it, but it was there.

It's a solid 5 min walk from the beach. I thought that was nice b/c after sunbathing during the day and partying all night, it was nice to come back to a really quiet motel.

Do not sneak people into this motel. Not only are you being cheap, but you're disrespecting a clearly marked policy. You get what you pay for, so if you pay for 2, you get occupancy for 2. I don't get why that is a subject of people's complaints.

I would totally stay at this property again.

P.S. Free parking!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at Jersey privately owned motels before and this one was one of the better ones. You get an early check in if the room is ready, breakfast which includes coffee, juice, cereal, bagels and pastries and a clean pool. The owners are very nice and flexible, wanting to make you happy. Beach badges are given to you for a free entry to the beach with a security deposit. The rooms are small but they all are on the shore. A quick two and a half block walk to the beach, centrally located.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This place was very clean, which is at the top of my list when it comes to shore hotels. They couldn't have been more friendly. the quest quality was great as well, nice people, young and old. the place was clean, quiet and friendly, with a pool... what else do you need? can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The quality of this hotel is awful, but the worst part was the customer service by the manager himself. He has the most absurdly strict rules. After spending all day on the beach, a group of friends and myself came back to the motel for showers before heading back out for the night. Six of us were paid guest at the motel, but two of our friends were staying at a different hotel. Upon arriving back at the motel, the manager informed us that our two friends, not staying here, had 5 minutes to leave the property before he would call the cops. We wouldn't even let them wait on the property while we just took showers and got ready. An hour tops. He ended up calling the cops on us and only told them it was ok after our two friends paid him an additional $35 each for "extra occupancy" in our rooms. Even if you think you could stay here without having to work outside his stupid rules, I wouldn't. The rooms are small, and the quality is terrible. It's even worse when you factor in the price and it's still a 15 minute walk to the beach. I paid less for a room in downtown D.C. at the Hilton. Don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2012
BaybreezeNJ, Manager at Bay Breeze Motel, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We do take all review seriously and take necessary action to improve. We provide clean, well-appointed deluxe rooms with comfortable modern facilities to our guests.
As per our motel policy, only registered guests are allowed to stay, and no visitors are allowed, which we have made aware to you during the registration process. This policy is posted in our registration office and registration form where guests are asked to sign. In your case, the guest has tried to bring unregistered people in their room numerous times, despite our request not to bring any unregistered guest in our property for other guest's safety and enjoyable stay. You have sneaked in unregistered guests in the room, which is a serious violation of the policy.
We had no choice but to call cops and they also agreed with us. By the way thank you for paying for your EXTRA GUEST YOU HAVE SNEAKED IN.
We always like to make our guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here from 7/29/12 to 7/29/12 for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. I have been coming to the shore for about 15 years now at least once a summer and have stayed in different locations. Although many years back I experience some pleasant stays at The Belmont or The Coral Sands my more recent experiences have been awful. Both those Hotels have been sold to new owners it seems and have taken a huge decline. I was hesitant this year about where to stay. Not only is it hard to find a decent place but everyone has raised their prices significantly over the years (I think it’s due to Seaside’s new found fame with “The Jersey Shore” show). I decided on The Bay Breeze because the gentleman who I originally spoke with (who I later found out was the owner Mike) was very courteous and accommodating (which believe it or not I did not experience with my other inquiry phone calls), also the price was right. The location was great for us being that we were coming by bus from New York. They are located less than 2 blocks away. They are also close to the beach, boardwalk, the water park and the amusement park. The hotel itself was cute and clean (there are no 5 star motels/hotels at the shore). Complimentary breakfast was a plus. Nothing extensive but it was convenient to just stroll downstairs and grab breakfast whether you are heading out or still preparing for the day. Mike and his family were terrific! Everyone was friendly and pleasant. Mike always made sure our stay was going smoothly. I was able to get a late check out for a small fee, which was great! We were able to enjoy another few hours in the sun before leaving. The pool and the pool area were kept very clean. The only negative is that the pool is quite small and if I remember correctly only went up to 5ft. Fine for me but my teen daughters would have preferred a bigger, deeper pool. We will definitely be back here for future visits. Thank you Mike and your lovely daughter for making our weekend stay a positive one!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bay Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!