“Worst Motel Ever - A Rat Hole” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Seaside Heights

You added Knights Inn Seaside Heights to your Saves list
Knights Inn Seaside Heights
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Central Avenue, Central Avenue and Sheridan Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751 (Formerly Atlantic Motel)   |
Ranked #41 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
New York City, New York
“Worst Motel Ever - A Rat Hole”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I were planning a weekend trip to the Jersey shore, and after viewing this motel's website and reviews on Travelocity, we decided to book two nights. From the photographs provided, the rooms seemed spare but clean. What an unpleasant surprise we had when we checked in!

When I say that this is the worst motel I've ever been in, I'm not exaggerating. Our room reeked of mildew, and the owner hadn't even bothered to turn on the AC wall unit before we arrived, so it was also stifling hot. The carpet was dirty and dingy, with dark stains all over it. The toilet barely flushed, and the shower wasn't more than a pipe in the wall, spraying out water. This shower was not a place you'd want to set foot in without sandals. Trash hadn't been taken out since the last customer. I can't even imagine what the sheets looked like under the vomit-colored bedspread: my boyfriend and I were too afraid to look. Overall, the place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite a while.

We ultimately decided to cancel our reservation and moved next door to the Belmont Motel, which was somewhat better. The owner still charged us for one night's stay, which was over $100. We felt so disappointed and ripped off.

In conclusion: this place should be torn down, it's only use is for those working by the hour. Do not book a room here if you want to enjoy your stay at the Jersey shore.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is one of the worst hotels we ever stayed in...The room was dirty.The microwave only worked when it wanted to..You're lucky if the toilet flushed once a day..Don't waste your money at this place..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The List of Things that went Wrong at The Atlantic Hotel:
-Someone's old dirty hair clip was hanging on the curtains.
-T.V was 6 inches in length and width.
-Obviously there are no working remotes...anywhere.
-Asked for an extra pillow and the man at the front desk gave us the pillow that was underneath his very own head.
-4 inch gap underneath the door to get in the room and all the cold air escaped
(stick to cigarettes)
-Stains on sheets. You actually felt dirty laying in it.
-Only 10 channels on the T.V. Seriously.
-No Pictures, No Lamps, No hangers, No extra pillows, No extra blankets, No extra towels.
-The cold meant hot and the hot meant cold in the shower.
-When you turned on the faucet in the sink in the bathroom the water sprayed out extremely powerful and sprayed all over the bathroom floor.
-The toilet didn't flush right. You always had to flush it two or three times.

...but it' cheap.

If you're looking for a good time, stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, Nyc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Ok, after arriving in Seaside Heights and our reservations being cancelled at another hotel, we called expedia and required another room. She told us about the Atlantic Motel, the price was cheaper than we were going to spend, so we figured 'why not'. Upon checkin the owner advised me to cancel my room with Expedia (they wanted to avoid the commission, lol), and he would give me a $15 discount. The two nights were $260 (incl taxes).
Now to the room, I think my dorm room was bigger than this. I did a turn and bumped into myself. The bed was so very hard, there was no remote to the tv, the rug was disgusting. So much so that I asked my bf to give me a pair of his socks to wear around the room. There was sand all over the chair, and I did not dare turn the covers back. The bathroom looked as thought they were repairing it, and we interrupted. It was truly soplace to shower, change clothes and sleep. Hanging out in the room, was never going to happen.
That Saturday nite, I guess our upstairs compadres decided that 'pool closed' sign didn't apply to them. Because around 3:30am they began jumping from the balcony directly into the pool below. And they did this for about an hour.

I would never stay here again. The room just isn't worth it for that money. If you are looking for a place to rest your head and require no/minimal accomodations, then fine. However, if you are used to a decent room, with decent amenities, go someplace else.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

The check in went fast and the man at the front desk was very polite. He said that parking was not then available, but would be later on in the night. The room was clean, but so small it seemed that you would hit your head on the wall if you sneezed. The TV remote did not work and the sound on it was so distorted, it was impossible to understand anything that was being said. The bed was a little hard...not firm...hard and, because of the small size of the room, was placed up against the wall. There was a window behind the bed which opened to a parking lot for either this or another motel. It got very noisy, very early. The air conditioner did work, but it too was pretty noisey. The bathroom was just large enough for one person, but don't be larger that 160lbs if you want to turn around in the shower. There was only one towel for two people. It also appeared that transients might have been living in some of the rooms. If you enjoy loud rap music being played on a boom box outside your room until after 1:30AM, this is the place for you. Would we stay here again? Maybe, but only because of the politeness of the proprietor, the cleanliness of the room and if it were the last room available in Seaside Heights...and we got to like going to bed to a lot of noise.

North Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I was told the price was going to be $132.00, when I got there, 12% tax was tacked on, costing me $150.00 a night to stay in a tiny, mold smelling room. The room was extremely tiny, floors felt wet all the time, the shower was clogged and over flowed with each wash, we sat sideways on the toilet because it was the only way to fit, there was no ice machine plus the ice bucket was black molded inside anyway. The room smelled moldy and the sheets were dirty/used looking. My car got blocked in (Because of the lack of parking spots) and they could not find the owner of the other car so I was unable to leave for hours. The staff was one guy who told me he was there 24/7, and he was not kidding because his couch in the office was made into a bed. My wife could not blow dry her hair because we would trip the circuit breaker and were told if we did it again we would not have electric for the rest of our stay. My experience was terrible and I would like to save people money and have them go somewhere else cleaner and hygienically safe. Please trust me for your own sake.

new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Me and my girlfriend stayed there last summer 2007. The price was cheap and that reflect the room. The room was so small if I rolled off the bed I would be in the bathroom!! The AC in the room didnt work at all! The place was dirty! The room had a microwave that look like something exploded in it. They didnt clean the room! The was rusty hangers in the so called closet. The shower was so small! My girlfriend was freaking out after the first night that we just decided to leave a day early! When we told the owners we wanted out there was also another guy there doing the same thing. I dont know how this motel could get good reviews (prob the owners are writing them) But please listen to me do not stay here. I am not a clean freak and have stayed in dirty motels but this is the worst of the worst. I am only writing this review to help people out. Price equals quality so DONT STAY HERE!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Seaside Heights? Share your experiences!