“This place is worth it!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Seaside Heights

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Seaside Heights to your Saves list
Knights Inn Seaside Heights
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Central Avenue, Central Avenue and Sheridan Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751 (Formerly Atlantic Motel)   |
Ranked #42 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“This place is worth it!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

After reading all the reviews my friend and I were scared to see what we got ourselves into, but it turned out to be just fine. We actually met great people at this location within the first hour of arriving, and it was an unexpected and unforgettable night!!! (Missouri represents!!!!) It's not a high class place to stay but it is definitely doable for the low cost, and the location was perfect; short walking distance from the boardwalk, 711, and the liquore store!! Rooms have the basics which was fine for us because most of our days were spent at the beach/boardwalk, or sitting outside of our rooms enjoying the mini escape from reality that this location provided!

I do recommend bringing an extension cord/multi outlet plug because outlets are minimal in the rooms. A common practice of mine is checking for bed bugs and bringing my own linen to most places I go, so do that and if it's all clear than you're good to go!!!!

Overall, its nothing fancy but it provided me with the opportunity to have a great mini vacation. I can't wait to return next year!!!!

• Stayed July 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love this place, i stay at this motel every time i visit seaside heights, the staff is very helpful and their breakfast is awesome. The pool is very clean, rooms are spotless. There is only one problem which is parking, but its its not a big deal. I went to seaside many times and i know the parking situation. The place is excellent and they have free wifi.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manhattan, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place was, so bad that we ran out of this hell hole. The room was nasty! The box spring was nasty as well as bathroom,Ac had dust for years.I can't believe that this hotel is on Hotwire.com they should not allow these kind of hotel to use this website. Don't
Even have any more words...

Room Tip: Nothing stay in this place !!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at this motel for 2 unites in April 2014. From the time I got there it was terrible. We arrived and it took
20 minutes to ck in. We had to ask for towels. Then second day we were expected to use same ones. No mat for floor almost slipped getting out of shower. Carpet was filthy ants and spiders in room. No chairs only 2 electrical outlets that worked tv worked half time no remote. No garbage c an . Man or owner at front desks was nasty not friendly got annoyed every time w e ask him anything. Police there second nite for people do wnstairs this place had be closed up and humans she not be allowed in it. Not worth the stay even if it was free . beds were like rocks.
c'

Room Tip: Any motel but this one steer clear it's terrible
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed at! First of all when we arrived to check in there was nobody at the desk we had to call 4 times before anyone answered the phone to tell us someone would be right with us we waited an hour & a half for the manager to walk in with an arm full of grocery bags which he placed in the back then finally got us checked in to a room that clearly wasn't cleaned when we went to complain the manager said "if you don't like it you can leave no refunds!" Obviously we left immediately

• Stayed December 2013
Haverstraw, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel off another website, and the reviews were ok. Unfortunately, there was not much of a choice of vacancies during the time were looking to stay.

We arrived and the clerk at the desk was nice, but we were soon told the pool was closed because the Department of Health deemed it as unsatisfactory. When asked when the pool would be reopened, we were told "whenever the owners tell me to".

Our room was room # 3- right across from the pool, and it was the size of a utility closet. Every corner of the room had mold, including the bathroom. The windows were filthy and the blinds fell off the wall when we tried to close them. There was one outlet in the room that would allow you to EITHER watch TV, OR use the microwave.

The bathroom toilet was so close to the wall that I did not fit (I am 4'11"), not to mention my boyfriend who is about 6' tall. The bed sheets were rumpled, with hair on them, the towels were dirty and the room smelled of stale cigarettes.

We were checked in for about 4 hours, the length of time it took us to find a new place to stay and the owners did not want to refund us for the inhabitable conditions. They were going to charge us for one nights stay, even after inquiring if the hotel was sold out and it was not.

I was on the phone with Hotels.com for about an hour and a half, while they argued also with the owners of the hotel, and they not only refunded us our money, but booked us in a beautiful hotel in Atlantic City for the same price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I guess I should have known from the reviews and the price that it was going to be bad, but wow, was I surprised! I cant believe this place hasn't been shut down by the department of health. The outside of the hotel was your typical run down motel look. But when we went to our room, I almost turned around and left. No carpeting on the floor, just dirty gritty tile. Which was the worst part. Luckily, we brought our own sheets, pillows and blankets to put on the bed, or I wouldnt have been able to stay there. We just kept our shoes on and never actually put our bare feet on the floor. The shower and bathroom was tiny, but not exceptionally dirty like the rest of the room. No chair, no table. Barely any outlets in the room. Loud screaming and fighting outside of our room both nights. We were right by a fire siren that went off several times and woke us up. The dirty curtains were falling off of the two windows. We had to pull up onto the sidewalk and pull up next to the hotel on the grass and that was our 'parking spot'. The location to the beach and boardwalk was really great though, just a 5 minutes walk. Maybe this hotel would be ok for college students just looking to party, but it really was awful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Seaside Heights? Share your experiences!