“Best Surprise of Summer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Seaside Heights

You added Knights Inn Seaside Heights to your Saves list
Knights Inn Seaside Heights
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1000 Central Avenue, Central Avenue and Sheridan Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751 (Formerly Atlantic Motel)   |
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Best Surprise of Summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Since the reviews were so bad I was almost fearful when I arrived. My experience was quite the opposite. Walking distance from beach and boardwalk and waterpark. Clean room, deep pool, helpful staff. It was perfect for the price.

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I'm not trying to slam this hotel -- the manager was a nice man and he was trying very hard BUT -- this hotel is in such horrible condition I need to warn everyone. You can book it -- but you should know that the rooms are uncomfortable and lacking the minimal of standard ammenities such as -- a garbage basket, towels, housekeeping, a remote for the TV, Iron, adequate AC. Yes, NO HOUSEKEEPING...so the rooms are dirty -- including a nice little gift in the toilet when we first walked in. There were bottles, cans, socks and giant dust balls under the bed -- we went to the office and got a broom and swept our room out. The pool is small and not bad -- but be careful with the children or drunk friends -- it goes from 4 ft to 9 ft very fast. The location is great -- a walk to boardwalk and the games and rides -- which is a plus. So Walk...because if you take your car there will be NO PARKING for your car when you get back -- even though they boast on their ad that they have parking for each of their rooms -- not so. I would definitely never stay here again --

Room Tip: If you do book in this hotel -- pay the extra fee for a two-bed room -- at least they are a little b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

After going thru 4 rooms, we ended up in Rm. #24. It was disgusting, garbage in the dressers from previous people, just filth from one corner to the other. The topping on the cake was blood on the wall over our bed with something hanging from it. We put our own blankets over the bed to sleep on because the crooked broken bed was disgusting. We had a key but did not need it, for you could just push the door open from it being kicked in previously. We were 4 women and we were given 1 towel and had to fight for 3 more. Getting clean ones was a matter of waiting for them to be washed and dried. The breakfast was even more disgusting, in the filthy office on a disgusting table, was 2 boxes of cereal and OJ. We didn't dare touch anything. We did our best to stay out of our room as much as possible as to not let it ruin our stay in Seaside Heights. Do not stay here, it isn't worth the cheap price! It is disgusting!

Room Tip: I can't even rate anything, it is that bad
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I got this hotel through a Hotwire deal and maaan it sucked! First, we couldnt find the hotel listed on a map by the address provided. When we did find it I knew it was a mistake.
There was 1 other car......1!!!

We figured we would suck it up since it was only a 1 night stay but really...it was ridiculous.
There were flies in our room, the linen was dirty and stained of what looked like cigarette burns, the bathroom had leaks from the toilet and sink....The shower head was....oh, wait, there was no shower head...simply a pipe with the water coming out....There was a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bathroom window to cover a hole in the window tint...no extra towels or linen...ugh!!
I was SO HAPPY i brought an extra beach blanket ...i used it to put over the sheets and slept on it!!!!

And on top of all of this....the service was horrible. Definitely not a friendly crowd!
We went out and drank heavily so we wouldnt have to come back and fathom the thought of laying my head in that place...and its in the vicinity of the volunteer fire department alarm...so when that went off at 650AM i nearly jumped through the ceiling!!

Save yourself the headache..its cheap yes...but u dont even come close to getting what u pay for!

Room Tip: a tip to choose a good room.....dont choose one here!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'm not very picky when it comes to hotels. My friends and I were looking for a cheap vacation, and the pictures on the website looked nice enough so we booked a room.

Minutes after arriving I realized we made a huge mistake. I was disgusted that a place like this could even exist. When checking in, we entered the office, which was a small messy room. The "continental breakfast" was a dirty portable table with random plastic dishes and silver wear. I would never eat anything from this breakfast. As it was afternoon, there was no food out -- which is good, because I really wouldn't want to know.

I cried when I saw the room. It was dirty. There was a random sink in the middle of our bedroom that wasn't connected to anything but was filled with random debris and sand. I didn't want to touch the stained bedspread, that looked like it hadn't been changed since 1968. My boyfriend and I checked for bedbugs, and luckily found none. One shower overflowed after five minutes with sand coming out of the drain. We found random items other people left behind, including a dirty sneaker.

There were missing tiles on the floor and I refused to walk around with bare feet because it looked like it wasn't mopped in years. There were holes in the walls and flies everywhere. I locked the door while my boyfriend was out, and he was unable to lock it without a key. the offered free wifi, but we couldn't find the network.

This is the worst, most disgusting hotel to ever exist. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Vernon, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived at the Knights Inn around 9 o'clock on a Friday night in the rain. After checking in we were informed that we would have to park down the street at another motel because there wasn't enough parking there. We got our first room and there was sand on the comforter. We pulled the blanket back to expose the sheets where there were hairs and stains. Upon looking in the bathroom there were shaved hairs around the faucet. Then, looking in the closet area, was a lovely dead bug. Near the bed post there was dust bunnies along with what looked like little black dots...possibly bugs, but at this point I was already grossed out enough I didn't look any closer. So, we went and complained to the man in the office who then gave us a different room. Unfortunately, it was not any better. This room had clean sheets, but there was a condom wrapper and an empty beer can in the fridge!!! We refused to stay there and didn't get charged. On top of all that, the remotes in neither room worked. They charge way too much money to stay in a slum...Just don't go there.

Room Tip: Don't do it. Yuck!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Catawissa, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel, shouldnt even be advertised, it was a hot mess, and I was totally shocked at what we were stuck in. When we arrived, we had to wait, for the lady to finish "cleaning" the room. When we were allowed in, I wanted to vomit. The room had two beds, but should have had only one. The floor had sand all over, which was understandable to a point, but for just being mopped, it was nasty. The bathroom, if you were small enough to fit, was missing tiles, hence mold growing in the shower. When you sat on the toilet, your knees touched the wall in front of you, and Im only 5ft 2in. There were no towels, wash cloths, soap or shampoo, luckily we had brought a bunch of beach towels. After we had settled, there was a knock at the door, asking if we had towels, and we were left with 4. We used them to cover the floors to walk on. I pulled down the bed spread and found black hairs all over the bed, and decided against pulling it down to sleep on, so we slept on top of the covers. Channels were limited, and a few channels we could watch, I woke up to my husband rushing to turn it off, due to nudity. We decided to spend the entire day at the beach, so we didnt have to sit in the filth. Upon coming back, it was dark, there were a ton of moths covering the porch from the lights being on. We got into the room, and closed the door to find that there was a 1 1/2 inch opening at the top of the door, and all the bugs and moths were getting into our room. There were no storm windows and my 2 year old was able to open slide windows herself. I coulndt imagine staying there when it was cold! It was gross, and there was so much filth, Im sure Im forgetting to mention something. I would not recommend this room to anyone but crack sellers, and even that is pushing it. We almost just slept in our car- oh, and the free parking they promise? If youre not there before 9, they park you, and other cars, so you cant get out of the hell-hole the next morning. We had to drive up over the curb, to get out! I have seen some reviews for this that claim its ok..well, they must be some of the crack sellers, because this was disgusting!!!! Do not get a room in this hotel, bogus advertising.

Room Tip: as long as you dont get a room here, you are good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Seaside Heights? Share your experiences!