“Dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Palmyra, New Jersey
“Dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

After an extensive search I found that this is the only place in Seaside Heights that allows pets during the summer season. I read all the terrible reviews from previous visitors but decided to go and make my own decision based on my own experience there. Staff was very helpful and friendly. My dogs were treated great and there weren't a bunch of rules to make it unpleasant. There is a small area for the dogs to "potty" and since there were others with their pets, there wasn't a big worry about making sure your dog doesn't bark or make too much noise. In addition, the manager was kind enough to add some ice to the bowl of water I put out for my dogs...just a nice gesture. I had to leave a $100 deposit but got the entire deposit back in full when I checked out. If you're expecting a fancy updated place then go some place else and spend 3x as much money. Sure the place was older and not exactly a palace but for a beach motel that allows pets...it was perfectly fine. It met my most important criteria...safe, working air conditioning, pet friendly and clean enough. There were no bugs, no scams, no nasty staff (as mentioned in other reviews). Maybe I just had a good experience or maybe...I was treated the way I treated them...with honesty and respect. I would go back again if I wanted to visit Seaside Heights with my dogs.

Room Tip: get the apartment so you have a living room/kitchen combo and a bedroom and bath
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at this motel since 2011 and we love it, we have gown back every year since 2011! Alice at the front desk is such a wonderful lady, especially when we needed extra things for are room!! The motel is clean and pools are great, are dog ever love going there!! The prices are very good as well, we had a problem last yr when we stayed the are frig broke one night and morning went to office and it was replace right way!! Thank you alice and staff at the Aquarius arms for a pleasent stay every year! See you in august!! Sincerely yvette t boniello from middletown ny

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I booked this motel in 2012 and was satisfied with the room as it was just he and I, it is 2 blocks from the beach. The power went out the 2nd night but we got through it. We decided to book it again this year, 2013, Alice, who chain smokes while you are standing in the office with the little black dog that looks like he hasn't had a bath since the the hotel was book, put us in the Mark II or III, not really sure which roman numeral it was. Either way, it was disgusting, smelly and nasty. We had our son and granddaughter with us. I did not want them walking on the floor because it was so nasty and I was afraid they'd catch something. It smelled of mold and mildew. My son, who has asthma had a hard time sleeping that night. I would not recommend the Mark II or III for families that suffer from allergies. Alice, was reluctant but put us in a room at the Aquarius Arms which is at the next corner, This room was much better, as we remembered from last year. This will be our last time at this motel. Oh, I forgot to say that we got plug-ins and scented candles to mask the smell but it did not work. Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: Book at your own risk. I would ask which hotel you are staying in when booking in advance.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Town of Newburgh, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this motel on a Sunday evening. On Monday morning my husband and I realized we could not go. I contacted the motel right away. The woman on the phone was extremely nasty and said that they would still have to charge our card 30.00!!!!!!! This is so unfair and not good business practice! Thank goodness I cancelled! I read so so many negative comments about this place. These owners better wake up and do right by people. Unbelievable. Stay away.. far far away! Spread the word that these people are absolutely thieves!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I booked this with our dog. We wanted somewhere that we could bring our dog and this was the only place in Seaside Heights. I was excited about going here because I have never been to this beach town before and wanted to see where the Jersey Shore was filmed. It was run down and old looking. We had to go a block away to check in and the woman Alice that checked us in was nice but it smelled like smoke and had flies in the office due to her smoking at the desk. We got the remote and had to pay $50 deposit for our dog. Once inside there was dim lighting and the tile floor had sand on it. The matresses were wrapped in plastic causing it to crinkle when you sat or moved on it. The bathroom shower did not have a liner in it so the shower curtain had mold all over it.

The fridge was probably from the 1970's and the microwave was gross. The towels had holes in them and stains and felt like sandpaper. The air conditioner would only stay on for 3 minutes at a time and it then would turn off. The pool wasn't too bad just small.

We will not be returning to Seaside Heights it was nice to see where the show filmed but I was not a fan of the town much better in Wildwood, NJ.

Room Tip: None of the rooms would have been a good choice they were all dated and gross.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This place is a disgusting dump. The manager and his crew are SCAMMERS who will find a way to keep your security deposit! They love having kids come down on prom week-end...that's when they make their money. None of the security deposits are returned because they mysteriously find ways to scam if from you. Dirty place, dirty management...beware!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. In addition to the rooms being dirty and disgusting (along as the manager) they are thieves, and try everything to keep your deposit. Check everything in your rooms when you first get in.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Aquarius Arms Motel? Share your experiences!