“Nasty attitudes!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Arms Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aquarius Arms Motel
209 Kearney Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #38 of 41 hotels in Seaside Heights
Town of Newburgh, NY
“Nasty attitudes!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this motel on a Sunday evening. On Monday morning my husband and I realized we could not go. I contacted the motel right away. The woman on the phone was extremely nasty and said that they would still have to charge our card 30.00!!!!!!! This is so unfair and not good business practice! Thank goodness I cancelled! I read so so many negative comments about this place. These owners better wake up and do right by people. Unbelievable. Stay away.. far far away! Spread the word that these people are absolutely thieves!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nottingham, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I booked this with our dog. We wanted somewhere that we could bring our dog and this was the only place in Seaside Heights. I was excited about going here because I have never been to this beach town before and wanted to see where the Jersey Shore was filmed. It was run down and old looking. We had to go a block away to check in and the woman Alice that checked us in was nice but it smelled like smoke and had flies in the office due to her smoking at the desk. We got the remote and had to pay $50 deposit for our dog. Once inside there was dim lighting and the tile floor had sand on it. The matresses were wrapped in plastic causing it to crinkle when you sat or moved on it. The bathroom shower did not have a liner in it so the shower curtain had mold all over it.

The fridge was probably from the 1970's and the microwave was gross. The towels had holes in them and stains and felt like sandpaper. The air conditioner would only stay on for 3 minutes at a time and it then would turn off. The pool wasn't too bad just small.

We will not be returning to Seaside Heights it was nice to see where the show filmed but I was not a fan of the town much better in Wildwood, NJ.

Room Tip: None of the rooms would have been a good choice they were all dated and gross.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This place is a disgusting dump. The manager and his crew are SCAMMERS who will find a way to keep your security deposit! They love having kids come down on prom week-end...that's when they make their money. None of the security deposits are returned because they mysteriously find ways to scam if from you. Dirty place, dirty management...beware!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. In addition to the rooms being dirty and disgusting (along as the manager) they are thieves, and try everything to keep your deposit. Check everything in your rooms when you first get in.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a dump. I knew when I checked in & I had to leave a deposit for the tv remote (and then she handed me the remote in a ziplock bag) that we were in trouble. The room was dirty. The sheets had burn holes in them. We used our beach towels as blankets instead of their GROSS blankets!!!! The room smelled & was dirty. It was the worse place I have ever stayed & it ruined our vacation. We felt trapped because we spent $$ on a room & dreaded being there. I left a day early because I couldn't take it anymore. AQUARIUS ARMS IS DISGUISTING!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

If you are looking for a grimy dump this is it! The upholstery is filthy and sticky, there is not enough light (probably to hide the filth), the bed is as hard as a rock and the place is dirty and stinks. We booked for a week and stayed on night and left. This place should be condemned by the Board of Health!!

Room Tip: Go someplace else!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This motel has got to be the worst i have stayed at yet. The manager at check in was so rude and disrespectful. They have their dogs in the office and it SMELLS and feels as though there are fleas EVERYWHERE! The office wasnt even at our motel it was a whole block away at a different hotel. The rooms were way small with hard beds and broken chairs. Not to mention as soon as we walked it the room was covered in flies which she claimed was from the heat but we kept the broken a/c on the whole trip and on our last day the flies were still there ! The shower had to be the worst part of the room yet. It had mold and dirt in the sliding door and the tub was so high up i almost fell getting both in and out. At check in they give u a broken remote for the broken tv and tell you if you break it or loose it you will not get your deposit back ? Me and my family called about a week before our trip and ask if they had a bbq which the women replied yes but she did not mention we would have to buy charcoal and fuel for the grill. Both of the pools were dirty with sand and dirt at the bottom and smelled like they poured gallons and gallons of chlorine in it daily! If you ask me this was the worst vacation i have been on yet i will not be coming back to this motel ever ill stop being cheap cause now i see you get what u paid for !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Aquarius Arms Motel? Share your experiences!