“great place when you just need a room” 5 of 5 stars

Anchor Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   145 Sheridan Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Seaside Heights
A TripAdvisor Member
“great place when you just need a room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2005

We stayed here after prom this year. there were 14 of us in 4 rooms.. The management was AMAZINGLY nice! we arrived there at 2:50 a.m. due to getting lost and they didn't mind one bit and were even cheerful when we arrived. The rooms are a bit small but you got a microwave AND refrigerator and they were clean. when you go to Seaside, there's no need to be in your hotel room, so these are perfect for sleeping which is all you do in them! Thanks Anchor Motel!

• Stayed May 2005

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2005

I was very happy with the Anchor Motel and the way they took care of my children. My children went to the Anchor for a weekend after their prom, I was very happy that they enjoyed themselves and felt that the motel was a relaxing place and was situated where they felt comfortable. Being a mom and not being able to be there and watch over them, it felt good to know they were being well cared for. Thank you Anchor Motel and we will see you again.

• Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

What a great family oriented place to stay! We had a blast. Clean, EXTREMELY FRIENDLY staff, make you feel like you are at home! They will do anything to assist you whatever your needs may be. Pool is clean, rooms are clean, owner on premesis. This motel is well maintained. Close to the beach, shops, and dining. Apartment is spacious and equipped. Can't wait to come back this year!!!!

• Stayed July 2004
Toms River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2005

We stayed at anchor motel for out prom last year and It was the most fun time we ever had. Management was very nice and friendly and kept us out of trouble. We had a larged group and we were only few minutes from the boardwalk and the beach. Everything was walking distance for the motel. Rooms were nice and clean. I would recommend this place to everyone.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2004

I stayed here for a few weeks and I thought it was fine. My room was clean and bright. JD is the manager and he is very nice. I stayed here in winter 2003. I live in Seaside now - the area is not the greatest - if you're easily intimidated by people not so well off, you might not want to stay in Seaside Heights. But as far as the Anchor goes, yes the bathroom is very small, but if you're just staying for a vacation, what more do you need to do than take a shower & use the toilet & sink? By the way, my shower was brand new at that time. They were also renovating & I believe putting new carpets in. Anyway, my stay wasn't anything to complain about and it was cleaner than a lot of places I've seen.

Jersey City, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2004

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the anchor motel and for what I can say: The staff that worked their were very nice to us. Whatever we wanted whether it be a iron or anything they gave us. They are really working hard to keep this a clean motel. I will definitly reccommend this motel to alot of people. AGAIN.... THANK YOU

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Anchor Motel for 2 wonderful nights. This motel is managed by the nicest people. They made my husband and I feel right at home. The room was very clean and very convenient for walking the boardwalk. On the second day of our stay we were pleasantly surprised by made service. When we returned to our room they had cleaned everything and even put the air conditioner on for us. They cleaned our sink, ash tray, made the bed, etc. The Anchor motel made our stay the best it could be. We had a great time.

Been to Anchor Motel? Share your experiences!