Pros: Clean, very helpful owner on premise, perks, location, price.
Cons: The tsunami siren or air raid siren or whatever that is that seems to be under the bed but is probably on the Police station or verrrrry near of the hotel. Ok, they test it once a day I believe, just that one day they tested it at 6am... Not in any way the motel's fault!
Honestly, if I was driving by and saw this motel I wouldn't stop to stay there. But after, reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I gave it a try.
I took their 3 nights weekday packages, and the perks given almost pay for half the room itself. 60$ worth of rides and other discount for the attractions + the beach passes (only two per room they mention on their website) but the owner was kind enough to lend a third one for my 12 y/o son. (Don't take this for granted if the motel is full you probably won't get extras)
The area: it's Seaside Heights... motels from the 50s and 60s all around surrounded by privately owned beach houses and boardwalk food. Anchor Motel is right next to Police/fire Station, 1 block away from 7-Eleven and a liquor store and 2 blocks from the beach and Casino Pier.
The Motel: I would guess that they have around 20 to 30 rooms at most, owners have their house attached to it. Parking is tight but I didn't had any problems having a spot, small private pool that is well maintained and clean and BBQ available for guest, free WiFi.
The rooms: (I saw two,room 4 and room 16, as I was travelling with more ppl) Both room had a decent size when you think that you're in SH to go on the beach and not stand in your room all day. Decor is minimalist, but rooms seemed like they got an overhaul not too long ago. NO CARPET! Which is a must near the beach. Cleaned daily.
The owners let us leave our cars parked there on the checkout day, and we were also allowed to keep the beach pass for the day.
I would definately stay at the Anchor Motel again and have no problems recommending it either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchor Motel is walking distance to famous Seaside Heights beach and boardwalk. We are also walking distance to nightlife and bars. We offer free WiFi, beach badges, parking and discounted tickets Casino Pier. We offer standard rooms, suites and apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, T4B, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Anchor Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchor Hotel Seaside Heights
- Anchor Motel Seaside Heights