“It was great...til I found the stains.” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   145 Sheridan Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ 08751   |
Offers & Announcements
Fall Special $55 night
Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“It was great...til I found the stains.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

For starters, when you leave the motel everyone will agree a great place to go is an STD clinic. The service and people were great. However, because of the previous reviews we decided to inspect the sheets. This is where problems occured. We pulled back the comforter and saw that the sheets and pillow was filled with multiple blood stains accompanied by other mysterious stains even Sherlock Holmes wouldnt want to investigate. Then I entered the bathroom, and it was small, but we could look past that. What we couldnt look over was the bloody thumb print across from the toilet looking you dead in the eye. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the hairs I found in my bed aswell. In order to sleep I had to lay my own blanket i brought from home over the sheets and covered myself with my beach towel.. and i used my gymbag as a pillow. Needless to say opening the door and starring face to face with multiple cop cars and cruisers was very reasurring when I wasnt trying to smoke a fat L. They said cable tv and wifi, so that actually meant 16 channels and no wifi. All in all, bring a pillow, a sleepingbag, some febreeze, but for the love of christ leave the blacklight at home. <3

• Stayed July 2012
seapalace, Public Relations Manager at Anchor Motel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear guest,

We are glad you like the service from the front desk. I had hoped if you liked the service you had voiced your concern to the front desk. Our linens are changed upon each checkout and they are sent out to be cleaned by outside company. I do want want to apologize for stains which may have been there. We will be looking into new laundary services who may provide better cleaning. We do have more than 16 channels on TV but may be TV programming may have changed. We do have wifi available. We would have corrected all the issue if we given the opportunity to do it. We will take your issue and created new procedure to avoid more negative reviews.

Once again I am sorry for issues with your stay. We look forward to improve service for our future guests.

JD

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

As other people said, I found hair on the sheets, so don't know if they were changed since last guest. Bathroom door wouldn't even close. The bathroom light and loud fan on switch was way too annoying. Too expensive and not so nice. No thanks to coming again.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We went in both July and August. The staff was friendly and the place was very clean and pleasant. A short distance from the beach. The pool was clean and the entire stay was great. We will be back next year.

Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Nice location, excellent service, and friendly, respectful people. This is my 3rd time there and its better. We will return to the same place. Come and see yourself.

White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The sheets were very dirty and we asked the front desk to send the cleaning lady to change the sheets and also the blankets that smelled bad and had stains. The cleaning lady said they only change the blankets once a week. We had found one earing between the sheets in one of the bed which means they didn't even change the sheets and only made the bed for diffremt guests. We sleeped with no blankets because they did not give us new ones and only changed the sheets for one of the beds. When we called to make reservations they said we could have our rooms at 10am but when we got there we had to wait until 1pm which was very disapointing because it was rainning and we had to wait inside the car.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Last weekend a couple friends and I stayed at Anchor Motel, and we had a great time here. The location was a 5 minute walk from the boardwalk and beach making it very convenient. Also, this hotel is located next to the fire and police departments, making it a safe location. The room was clean enough ... nothing spectacular, but the room was cheap and perfect for a short weekend away. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating! If I ever come back to Seaside, I will stay here again. My only complaints: the TV didn't work (but we had nice weather, so we hardly needed it) and the AC unit was completely filthy and needed to be cleaned. Otherwise, we had a great trip and recommend Anchor to groups with friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Anchor Motel last week. The place smells. The room that we stayed in was disgusting. It is filthy. The entire hotel hasn't been updated at all in god knows how long. The carpets were paper thin, dirty and ripped. There were crumbs everywhere, including inside the drawers of the dresser you keep your clothes in. The fridge and freezer haden't been cleaned prior to our arrival. The pillows on the bed were worn and old. So was the bed. The pool area is tiny and dirty as well. We didn't even want to walk barefoot in the place. Although we stayed in a one bedroom "suite" the shower was tinier than one you'd find in a NYC Apt. When we were checking out I heard the cleaning woman speaking with the owner about a tv that was broken in one of the rooms. He shot her a nasty look and told her to be quiet. Don't stay at this hotel if you want a clean and comfortable hotel room. By the way, the price of the one bedroom "suite" at this place was the exact same price as a one bedroom suite at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City (which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay nicer and clean.).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Anchor Motel? Share your experiences!