“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Isle Inn

Sea Isle Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sea Isle City
Sea Isle Inn
You added Sea Isle Inn to your Saves list
6400 Landis Ave., Sea Isle City, NJ   |
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I have been staying at the sea isle inn for aleast 20 years. I love to stay there the people are great. The rooms are always clean when we arrive. The only negative thing I can say is that they should invest some money on more comfortable chairs for outside the rooms and by the pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We reserved 2 rooms at this hotel for our daughters 21st birthday. Upon our arrival, we were given room keys to 2 rooms-one which smellled of mildew and had a towel soaking up a leak in the bathroom. We were able to get a different room, although it contained 2 twin beds instead of the double we had reserved months prior. We left the hotel for our evening out and returned at 2am to find we were locked out of the room. NO ONE IS ON STAFF AT THIS HOTEL FROM 10PM UNTIL 9AM. We were forced to try to sleep 8 people in 1 room, which sleeps 4.
At 9am, 6 families were waiting at the office prepared to check out NO STAFF showed up until 9:40-after housekeeping had arrived, noticed the line and made a phone call. The employee who did show up was horribly rude. After telling her my situation and requesting a refund, she called the owner to come in and 'handle' the complaining customer. Upon his arrival, I first had to wait until the owner and employee stood at the counter and argued about her arrival time at the hotel. After explaining the situation again to the owner, he was argumentative and told me I shouldn't have pushed the buitton on the inside of the doorknob, as that locks out the door.
I have MANY problems with this response. 1) If ANY staff were present at the hotel from 10pm-whenever they showed up in the morning, this could have been an easy fix. 2) If an emergency phone number was posted at the office(only sign is to check in at the bar behind the hotel for late check-ins, and they did not answer at 2am), this would have been an easy fix. 3)Here's a thought-possibly that would have been an important fact for hotel staff to state at check-in.
The owner did reluctantly refund my money for 1 room, but continued to sit and argue with me while I waited for the hostile employee to refund my card.
Overall, this hotel is poorly operated, dirty, and not even suitable for college students just looking for a place to crash at the shore. If they offered free rooms, I would decline the offer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chester County, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

If you are a nonsmoker, don't bother calling for a reservation. I made my reservation and forgot to inquire about nonsmoking rooms. I called back about 15 minutes later and left a message on an answering machine asking for a nonsmoking room and asking for a return call. Two days later, having received no return call, I followed up. I was told they'd marked my reservation as "nonsmoking" but they really don't have any designated nonsmoking rooms; they use an air filter and spray the room between guests if there is a request for nonsmoking. I cancelled my reservation but of course they kept the 25% of my deposit, plus hotel tax!

Stayed August 2006

Been to Sea Isle Inn? Share your experiences!