“Very convenient, pleasant stay..............” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Girt
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Very convenient, pleasant stay..............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were visiting relatives for Thanksgiving- had to quickly adjust our plans and were delighted to find this clean, quiet, reasonably priced room.

Like previous reviewers- room (#18-located next to the office) was somewhat sparse with furnishings- had a king bed with "very firm mattress"- nearly new carpet, drapes & bedding. Room was very clean- no odors- sheets, towels & paper products were as expected for the price paid (reasonable).

The continental breakfast-we passed on- coffee was bland- hot chocolate was OK.

My only real complaint-from a female perspective was only mirror in the room was in the bathroom. Bathroom had no counter top. The light in the bathroom was behind you-so hair & makeup was difficult. Another mirror in the room would have made our 4 day stay much easier!

Room Tip: Just a note-room #18- next to the office- when guests check in you can hear the doorbell upon their...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Glenolden, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Not bad for the price paid. It's a roadside motel. So don't expect a Hilton. But if you want a clean bed in close proximity to shops and food, this works. Small bathroom was the only bad part. The shower was sandwiched next to the sink to a point where you could easily hit it with your hip if you aren't careful. Oh and the owner seemed like he didn't care at all

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m pleased that you had a pleasant experience. I’m a bit puzzled at how I might have offended you since you make positive comments about the hotel, but I sincerely apologize. I take real pride in this hotel and in providing the best possible guest experience, and I hope that shows in everything we do.

Sea Girt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

The room was clean and reasonably priced, staff was helpful. Left off 1 star for a less than stellar continental breakfast, but that is a minor quibble and if skimping on breakfast helps them keep the room rates low then it's well worth it. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

We stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge for four nights and had a good stay. The room was a good size, clean and even had a mini fridge which was great for storing snacks and drinks. The beds were comfortable and the Wifi was also good to have (although slow at times). For a hotel of this price and class, it's an excellent choice and I would recommend it to those visiting the area. It's right on Rt. 35 central to shops and restaurants and the beach.

That said, a few things can be improved: Even when A/C was turned off on the room thermostat, it would pop on and we'd be freezing. The guest needs to be able to control the temps. A shower cap (or note that says they are available at the front desk) would be great. And a removable shower head (just had one that was attached to wall and up high) would be great too. The only other small thing is that one day we arrived back when housekeeping was in our room and I had to run in to get my laptop. Our door was open and the woman was working and I just said hi and grabbed my things and left. She didn't ask for proof that I was indeed the one in that room or for me to shut the door and swipe in to prove I was the actual guest. Could be a security issue. Anyone could have walked in and pretended it was their room and stolen my stuff.

Anyway, overall I'd say 4 stars. Nice location, no major issues at all and clean. Thumbs up.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was a little skeptical based on other reviews but was very pleasantly surprised when stayed at the Sea girt Lodge this weekend. When we arrived the woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful with some advise on the area. You can tell that the lodge has recently been remodeled. The room as totally redone with all new furniture and bedding. The room itself was very clean and neat. The bathroom was small was adequate and very clean which is what matters most. The location is good even though it is a little far from the beach areas. We were able to get to Point Pleasant, Sea Girt Beaches and Spring Lake with only a short drive. I really can't say anything negative about the lodge and would recommend it. The only reason it is not a 5 rating is that it is a very basic motel and not close to the beaches, but it met all of our needs.

Room Tip: Room 22 was in the corner and not in a busy location so not many people walked by.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your exceptionally kind comments about our remodeled hotel. I’m so pleased that you can find nothing negative to say about it. I’m pleased that you were 100 percent satisfied like so many other guests. We try to provide great value for simple, comfortable accommodations, and I’m glad you liked what we provide. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Washington dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was horrendous. The hotel staff and management are the worst ever experienced. We will never go back. The rooms are over priced, which would be acceptable if the service was good. The location is okay. The rooms have some new furniture. Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our recently refurbished hotel in Sea Girt, NJ. We take real pride in this property, as you can see, but we also take pride in providing expert customer service. You don’t specify how my staff failed you, but I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We focus on providing great value, amenities and service to guests who appreciate what we’re able to offer.

Travelers are raving about these Sea Girt hotels

New City, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

People, this a place to sleep at and not the Taj Mahal! My husband and I have been coming to the Sea Girt Lodge for the last 15 years. We have seen many changes throughout the years. It has always been comfortable and very clean. I rather have a firm mattress then some of these places that have over used soft mattresses with dips in theirs!! The cleaning service was great. We left the room for breakfast and when we came back, the room was cleaned and had fresh towels. The place is quiet and not rowdy. I can understand the manager not wanting drunk teenagers there. I don't want them there either. The manager we have known for years and the women at the front desk for longer. They are nothing but respectful and only happy to help you.
For the people that complain about what is in the room, get a life. This is not your kitchen at home. The refrigerator is nice for a cold drink when you get home from the beach. Are you really going to iron? Come on, you're on vacation. This place is adequate for all your needs. I really don't think you stay in your room all day when you are on vacation. There is cable TV. Your are close to the beaches. There is great shopping nearby and at the New Jersey Premier Outlets (Exit 100A- 15 minutes away) and plenty of restaurants nearby. The price is reasonable. Place is clean and so is the pool. We have never had a A/C problem here. The room gets cold. What
more do you need? This place is great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sea Girt Lodge? Share your experiences!