“No A/C in rooms!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2168 Highway 35, Sea Girt, NJ 08750   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Sea Girt
“No A/C in rooms!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night and there was no A/C in our room. We were told that the room only gets 20 degrees cooler then the outside temperature and that bc the room had cathedral ceilings, it would not cool down. We were sweating when getting ready to go out for the night! The room also smelled damp and old. Would not stay here again! We were charged a high rate because we had four adults in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Sea Girt Lodge.

We appreciate you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your feedback.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the air-conditioning and are very sorry for your sleepless night.

We are addressing your observations related to the rooms. Each room is now individually checked and certified before checking in a new guest.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manasquan, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I are currently in our 3rd day out of a 7 day stay here and it is far from pleasant. Yeah the rooms were remodeled recently but the beds are ridiculously hard...I've slept on cement that was softer and the AC or lack of is making it unbearable. I realize we are in the midst of another heat wave and outside temps are reaching high 90's but there is little to no cold air blowing from the vents. When I complained about it last night I was told that because of the heat the rooms will only be 20 degrees cooler than the outside temps and that the rooms would cool down as the night progressed and eventually reach the temperature that I have set on the in room thermostat. Well, needless to say that never happened and when I woke up this morning (only after getting about 2hrs sleep because it was so hot) the temperature in the room was 72 and I had the thermostat set at 68. Currently the temp in the room is 78. I honestly don't believe that each room has its own control over the temperature and its being controlled by the front desk. Don't let the attractive rates fool you....this is no bargain!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is nice to note that you chose Sea Grit Lodge for your recent stay.

We appreciate the review and take it quite seriously for improvement.

We apologize for your experience howsoever it might have happened.

We are working on the maintenance of the entire air conditioning system. Also the amenities like beds are being redone.

It shall be our endeavor to offer the finest hospitality to our guests.

Hope to see you again.

Travelers are raving about these Sea Girt hotels

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My daughter was playing in a softball tournament in Wall Township and we wanted something clean, nearby, and reasonably priced. We were pleased with our selection. The room was clean, with 2 double beds. The mattress was a little firm for my liking, but tolerable. It had a refridgerator to accomodate our needs for water bottles and ice. The bathroom was clean. The staff was pleasant, though not as knowledgeable of events and things to go/do as you would think they should. We were not able to take part in the breakfast that was available because we had to be at the fields before they were available, so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Sea Girt Lodge.

It is great to know that you found our hotel room and amenities clean and useful.

It is satisfying that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff.

Certainly we have passed this on to our employees and train them to be more knowledgeable in future.

Please visit us again – it is always a pleasure to serve guests like you.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This motel was clean, which is not always the case with properties down the Jersey Shore. Staff was very friendly and they have a nice pool. It is very close to beach and boardwalks at Point Pleasant and Asbury Park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge about 5 or 6 times. Over the years my friends and I have spent thousands of dollars here. I usually relied on the SGL the years I wasn't renting in the Manasquan area. The rooms and facilities were nice enough for the price. The pool area and close location to the Parkerhouse and Manasquan bars were also pluses.

My last experience with the SGL was awful. When we returned from a night out (the Friday night of Labor Day weekend) we tried to swipe our cards and they did not work. This is a common problem with swipe cards as they can become demagnetized (I see another reviewer had a similar incident). We had no choice but to ring the main office. If I was the onsite manager I would be annoyed at the wakeup call but would understand it was part of my job. The manager started yelling and cursing at us telling us that it was our fault and that we were doing something wrong with the door. He then said that he would be kicking us out the next day. Since we've been going there so long I figured it would blow over, but the next morning when we left to go to the beach around 9am he swarmed our room and told us to get out. I tried to reason with him explain the situation and he became verbally abusive and started shouting in my face all the while the girl at the front desk was laughing. After about 10 minutes, I cut my losses and realized I wasn't getting through to this lunatic. We were left stranded on the last holiday of the summer season without lodging which put a huge damper on our weekend.

To the manager of the Sea Girt Lodge, I hope you get your act together and treat your loyal customers with respect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being a regular at the Sea Girt Lodge.

We note your review and regret the incident howsoever it might have happened.

At the same time we apologize on behalf of the front desk manager for any unruly behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given an intensive training to the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure that our guests receive a hospitality which they shall make them feel welcome and wanted.

We take our reviews very seriously for improvement.

Please consider our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Beverly Hills,FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was in a convenient area for us to visit family. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. This was in an area hard hit by Sandy and hotels were fully booked. Just a couple of problems. We had a room next to the office with a king size bed.The furniture is pretty worn. All of the other rooms did not have another floor over them like we did. From 6am until about 11pm it sounded like there was a kangaroo on a pogo stick above us. The room was pretty chilly, there wasn't any way to change the thermostat. We found out the temperature in that room is controlled by the office. The woman at the desk said she was usually hot, so she kept the temp cool, but she agreed to turn it up since we were cold. We also had to park really far away from our room. All in all, for the price it was ok, but not the best.

Room Tip: Don't get one next to the office
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate your review and your positive observations about the rooms and your stay in general.

Based on your review, the hotel upkeep staff received additional training and the maintenance staffs have been instructed to check all the amenities and to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased. We hope to see you again.

Columbia Station
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Sea Girt this past weekend after it was recommended by a family member. It's true that it was bit dated, but the room and the property were both extremely clean. It looked much nicer - from the outside at least - than other hotels in the area. This was also one of the quietest - if not the quitest - hotel I've ever stayed at. Judging from the parking lot, they were obviously full and I never heard a peep from anyone. Plus, they have great winter rates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Girt Lodge? Share your experiences!