“Fine Tuscan fare.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ama Ristorante

Ama Ristorante
1485 Ocean Ave, Sea Bright, NJ 07760 (Formerly Ama Ristorante Tuscana)
732-530-9760
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ama Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Sea Bright
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With panoramic and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Shrewsbury River, Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood offers guests traditional and newly imagined Tuscan classics in a warm, inviting setting reminiscent of a Tuscan villa. The imaginative and innovative cuisine, prepared by Chef Pat Trama, offers the finest and freshest ingredients paired with a hand selected wine list that features wines from boutique vineyards in Tuscany and throughout Italy as well as special American selections. Ama Ristorante is open year round to the public. Dinner is served Tuesday through Sunday, starting at 5 p.m.
“Fine Tuscan fare.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After hearing so many great things we decided to see for ourselves, and it sure did live up to all the buzz. Food and service were best in the area! Will definitely return!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Simple, rustic cuisine with a taste of modern influence.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I visited AMA Ristorante about two weeks ago during my family's annual north shore vacation. During our only night alone, my wife and I ventured to this quaint and semi-hidden gem. The signature mussels were exquisite when paired with the freshly baked bread. My wife truly enjoyed her fresh artichoke salad as well. Our dinner was beyond anything we expected, the salmon was cooked to perfection and my wife loved her scallops. I believe our waiter was Carla and boy was she a sweetheart! Bravo!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NJ
“The best if the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

After hearing all about AMA ristorante I had to try it for myself. I went on a Sunday, on the early side. The restaurant was quite. The service was too notch. We dined long enough to watch the sunset is was amazing! The calamari appetizer was delish with fresh tomatoes. The cavatelli was yummy (even the next day for breakfast). The red snapper hit the mark. We finished with tiramisu and cheesecake- amazing meal amazing restaurant

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rumson, New Jersey
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good service. Nice atmosphere. But menu selections and our meal (from beginning to end) was nothing special. Someone please tell the chef to cut down on the red pepper on the pasta dishes. Very expensive. I'm a local and will not be back. Disappointing, disappointing ...

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“As Good As It Gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had truly incredible meal at the Sea Bright location of Ama Ristorante over the July 4th weekend. We were visiting the area from Montclair where we get to eat our fairly often, and our meal at Ama was one of the best experiences I have EVER had in a restaurant.

The room is very nice, the service we had was excellent, but the food stole the show. I cannot imagine going back and not having the muscles in a chunky red sauce that you have to just order to really understand how good it was. We also loved the shaved artichoke salad and an amazing salad/appetizer with bright green fava beans (who knew?!).

Everything we ate was absolutely "top shelf", it was an extraordinary dining experience. We are organizing a group outing with a bunch of friends as we cannot wait to go back.

I could not recommend an Italian restaurant more highly than I would Ama Ristorante!