“Lifelong favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Middlesex, New Jersey
“Lifelong favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My parents took me here when I was about 5 and I've been going ever since, now I bring my 2 boys here and they love to watch the turtles and waterfalls. I think there was a brief period where it was shut down and changed inside but I have been here every year at least once. I love the beef teriyaki appetizer, orange chicken, beef with snow peas, pork with bean sprouts, sweet n sour chicken, pork fried rice. The free tea on the table is great, the noodles with duck sauce too. I've gone here on all different nights, I think I've had to wait for a table just once in my life. It's definitely a hidden gem- I only know about it from growing up part of my life in the same town. The restaurant has to be in business for over 35 yrs, you may think it looks dated inside but I saw it with a different decor, very dark inside with things hanging from the ceiling. It's as good as any Chinese restaurant I've eaten at and I have driven here from 20+ minutes away from other towns I have lived in. Most recently I visited with family from out of state, 7 of us were seated immediately and pleased with the whole experience.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bridgewater, New Jersey, United States
“Really good, fresh dim sum, funky decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stopped here for dim sum brunch on a Saturday. Truly excellent, fresh dim sum. Amazing actually for the suburban setting. Very Chinese and very good. The decor is rather dated. The restaurant has been here a long time and it shows. A bit of a cross between 1970s Chinese restaurant (think faux modern in pinkish coloring) and Tiki Bar (large South Pacific diorama like display of rocks and palm trees - unique. Concentrate on their name: Jade Isle). 5 stars or the food, losing 1 for the decor. Excellent range of dim sum with fresh dishes continually coming from the kitchen. Can't wait to come back. I'm also excited to see that they have some old favorite dishes on their regular menu, such as shrimp in lobster sauce, that I must come back and try.

• Visited August 2013