“Terrible AND overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Terrible AND overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend for a late night dinner. While our server was nice, we both suspected that she had a bit to drink. She was slurry and swaying and often leaned on the table or our shoulders while talking. The food was awful. Even the salad that came with my boyfriends entree was wilted and old. The sauce on the chicken Parmesan tasted ketchupy. The pita on my gyro was stale. I won't be returning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Westfield, New Jersey
“Great for a Diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

For the diner category, I would rate this Good (vs Average but no Good category). The cheeseburgers are excellent and great kids menu.

Visited May 2012
NJ
“I Can No Longer Even Like This Place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The management of this diner needs a serious course in customer service, hygienic appearance, and staff training.

The evening manager needs personal grooming and has no place in a food establishment. When my sister and I last visited, the waitresses actually argued within our earshot about which of them would "have" to serve us! My only compliment is that they have good coleslaw. Never will I return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Graet Diner Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have patronized this establishment several times over these past years. Diner food has always been a favorite of mine. Always a great meal with wonderful prices. Scotchwood is no different. Staff is great. Go. Eat, and enjoy!

Visited January 2013
New Providence, New Jersey
“Good eats, standard diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Finally got here. Drive by it all the time, and my kids always want to check it out. Classic stainless steel decor gives the place a great "diner" feel. Huge menu made choosing a meal tough, but all was good in the end. Diso fries were excellent as was chicken entrees. Nachos were horrible, kids enjoyed sandwiches, so it was above average overall. Service was good, and bill was not too harmful to wallet.

• Visited January 2013