“Clean, Comfortable, Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Comfortable, Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The staff were courteous and helpful. The room was clean and roomy. Most important, the bed was most comfortable and provided a great night sleep.

Be sure to stay for breakfast at the hotel restaurant. It was made to order - perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

On a business trip, stayed at this Marriott. The front staff is terrific, they made me feel like their best customer. The room was clean, the bathroom was small, but it was comfortable. I was on the Concierge Lounge and it was terrific. The two waiters were so attentive and provided great service. The food in the lounge was a good selection for both dinner and breakfast. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. I had a chicken gran mere and it was delicious. The service at the restaurant was terrific, even the manager came by to check on our food and service. I look forward to staying at this Marriott again.

Room Tip: Go for it and get a Concierge level room. You will love the lounge.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is a little pricey but worth every penny. The rooms are luxurious and the indoor pool is out of this world. The staff are accommodating and all are pleasant Early check in never a problem. A real winner.

• Stayed September 2012
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

While the front desk staff was nice enough, the facilities were nothing special. Must have been a Holiday Inn in a prior life....Not the typical Marriott elegance. I reserved connecting rooms with a bed & pull-out couch in each room, but there were no pull-out couches. Rooms were small & cramped.

Breakfast was poor to average & expensive.

We got charged for drinks we never drank at the bar. The bill was adjusted at ck out but it took time to sort out.

I stayed because I was attending a wedding in the area. I was glad it was for only one night...Could have been nicer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is really nice and the room is very clean. The breakfast is great. The location is convenient, right by the highway. The only negative is that the front desk person had no idea what the benefits elite members should have. It was awkward and I felt like I was begging for something that should be offered without asking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Despite sitting literally between two highways, you can never hear a horn from your room. There is not much of a view, but the comfort of the rooms and the amenities make up for it. I have to mention, though, that the rooms and the furniture are in dire need of an update, like screechy doors and beat up beds. TV remote works at an odd angle, which defeated the purpose of lying down in bed to watch TV.
Had breakfast and also food at the bar for dinner, both were very good, and the pleasant service with well trained waitresses made the meal even better. This was one of the few hotels where I’ve had a manager approach to ask me if everything was well during my stay, and that counts towards great service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the Saddle Brook Marriott for business. The building is older but clean and well kept for its age with some modern updates. The bed and pillows were on the soft side but very comfortable for me, no problems sleeping in this hotel. The room (#715) had everything I needed including internet (wired hook up). One negative is that you can clearly hear anything going on in the hall or neighboring rooms, though I found the hotel to be quiet after 10pm and so I was not greatly bothered by this during my stay. I used the gym each evening and the equipment there was in very good shape. I also liked the fruit infused water offered in the reception area. On two occasions the shower water turned cold but did eventually return to the warmer temperature I selected. The thing that was remarkable about this hotel was the service. The hotel staff was terrific. Danielle at the front desk handled check-in efficiently and with a smile. Her genuine welcoming attitude made me feel like I was her favorite guest. She helped to direct me and my coworker to the mall and waved and smiled at us each time we came and left the hotel. The bell persons also greeted us each time we arrived at the hotel and answered questions for us about the restaurant hours and the location of the gym. We ate dinner in the restaurant on the second night and were served by Carol and another young man who were both excellent. The food in the restaurant was very good, the prices were high but in line with other hotel restaurants. This review really doesn't do the hotel justice in explaining the quality of the service. My coworker and I wondered how they do their hiring because every single person we met was so cheery, helpful, and gracious. I felt like I was at Disney. Definitely would recommend this hotel to those who are looking for outstanding service and are willing to overlook the minor imperfections of an older property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Saddle Brook? Share your experiences!