The room was spacious and clean, but dated and neglected. The exterior sliding window did not shut fully and the bathroom was rough around the edges. Breakfast was fair, with the usual greasy stuff, some half decent fruit and salvageable breads. Dinner was OK and was actually a decent value.
The reason I can not recommend this hotel though is safety. There was a fire alarm in the middle of the night during my stay. There was no evacuation plan and many guests never left their room, even though there was an apparrent smole or fire event in the basement.
When I came back to my room after the fire was taken care of, I noticed there was no power or AC. Although the hotel staff knew the power was out to part of the building, no effort was made to relocate guests to rooms with power, unless they complained.
All in all, not a pleasant experience in a hotel that at one time was probably pretty nice.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Saddle Brook Hotel
- Holiday Inn Saddle Brook Hotel Saddle Brook
- Saddle Brook Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the new Saddle Brook, New Jersey! Located just off Interstate 80 and the Garden State Parkway. Standing 8 stories high, you will capture a breathtaking view of New York City's skyline from our Executive Floor. Whether it's meeting space, guestrooms, or just to visit. Let the Saddle Brook Hotel make this a time to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Saddle Brook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.