“Awesome Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Rutherford
Holbrook, New York
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for the Chesney concert. Jeff at the desk was awesome, polite and very informative. Would definitely stay again. Room has everything. Great grab and go breakfast. Shuttle to and from Metlife Stadium a big plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Looking at many of the good reviews, I decided to stay here since it also had a low rate to stay overnight. I was here for a conference for the Meadlowlands Racetrack. It is only a few minutes to the Sheraton where the conference was, and 5 minutes to the racetrack where I also had to be. Follow your GPS & also look for it, since my GPS stopped before getting there, but I could see it. The outside area is clean and pleasently inviting. I was greeted with friendliness and I needed that since I was tired working with horses all day. My room was spotless and the bed was very comfy. The free wifi went through to my laptop without any gliches (some hotels do have gliches you know!). There is a hair dryer in the room, so leave yours home. But...bring your own shampoo & conditioner since there is only complimentary soap. That's okay. I just wanted to let anyone reading my review know. My room #326, overlooked the Meadowlands stadium & racetrack and actually very cool.

The grab & go breakfast is light items like granola bars, muffins, and fruit. It was quiet to stay here and you do not hear any highway traffic. As long as the rate stays low, and does not creep up to a high rate like the other hotels, I will definately stay here again. For you solo guest......yes, you will feel safe here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoyed the the overnight stay in this hotel with friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms. Even though I made a mistake with my reservation (i booked the wrong night!) the staff member was able to fix it for me and was very friendly and went above and beyond my expectations. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brackney, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room wasn't bad for the price we paid. I thought it was clean with a nice little kitchen. The Hotel does not have an ice machine! I have never stayed at a Hotel without Ice Machine! Huge inconvenience. They did have a nice recliner in room which was very comfortable. The TV was a flat screen and nice picture. We stayed there for a concert at Metlife Stadium and it was very convenient to that...about 3 miles. I would stay again but bring a bag of ice...LOL!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bibergau, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff and Hotel were Super, there was even a view from the room Windows of the New York Skyline, the shuttel brought you to the train and picked you up. The only Problem was the Bed and the pillows. The Bed was alittle to hard and the pillows Not big enough.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was large and bed was SO comfortable we did not want to leave. Very clean! we stayed here so we could see a show in NYC and not have to bother with driving/parking in the city. They told us we could park at a sister property to catch a bus over to NYC. They had coffee and muffins in the morning. We would definitely stay here again. My recommendation would be to CALL the hotel and let them give you directions over the phone. The exits are confusing if you aren't familiar with the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reston, VA, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Never posted a review and I am easy going, but I gotta do it this time. Wonder what all the good reviews are about and if I am the unlucky one! Where do I start cursing the experience with this hotel. Lets start with the foul sewer smell during the whole night. I can generally sleep with little comfort, but OMG I could totally smell drainage cause of the small dirty pond beside the hotel and could not sleep at all. Not to mention the uncomfortable hard bed creating back pain.

Room was ok with microwave and a small kitchen.

Hotel cleanliness - Dirty elevator with chewing gum. Junk youth drinking and spitting. Always had to call out for some one at the front desk. Receptionist said free break fast with pride. Came down the next morning to find out the break fast they offered is coffee, apples, oranges and a muffin and some chewy. Since when this is being called a break fast???

Hotel checkin time is 3pm. We were at the hotel by 2:15 pm. Due to early checkin we had to pay 25$+taxes which I thought was disgusting and it was the first time I had to pay for early checkin. They should have mentioned in the reservation about the additional charges for early checkin. I am unhappy with expedia for not detailing it! All we wanted was to change real quick before hitting NYC but they dont even have accessible rest rooms.

Too far from any public transport. Was very disappointed with Expedia Unpublished experience. 2 star hotel/motel would have been much better than this stay.

Advice anyone not to book this hotel and also expedia should discontinue it from their unpublished rates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford? Share your experiences!