“great room, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Rutherford
rochester, NY
“great room, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was large and bed was SO comfortable we did not want to leave. Very clean! we stayed here so we could see a show in NYC and not have to bother with driving/parking in the city. They told us we could park at a sister property to catch a bus over to NYC. They had coffee and muffins in the morning. We would definitely stay here again. My recommendation would be to CALL the hotel and let them give you directions over the phone. The exits are confusing if you aren't familiar with the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reston, VA, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Never posted a review and I am easy going, but I gotta do it this time. Wonder what all the good reviews are about and if I am the unlucky one! Where do I start cursing the experience with this hotel. Lets start with the foul sewer smell during the whole night. I can generally sleep with little comfort, but OMG I could totally smell drainage cause of the small dirty pond beside the hotel and could not sleep at all. Not to mention the uncomfortable hard bed creating back pain.

Room was ok with microwave and a small kitchen.

Hotel cleanliness - Dirty elevator with chewing gum. Junk youth drinking and spitting. Always had to call out for some one at the front desk. Receptionist said free break fast with pride. Came down the next morning to find out the break fast they offered is coffee, apples, oranges and a muffin and some chewy. Since when this is being called a break fast???

Hotel checkin time is 3pm. We were at the hotel by 2:15 pm. Due to early checkin we had to pay 25$+taxes which I thought was disgusting and it was the first time I had to pay for early checkin. They should have mentioned in the reservation about the additional charges for early checkin. I am unhappy with expedia for not detailing it! All we wanted was to change real quick before hitting NYC but they dont even have accessible rest rooms.

Too far from any public transport. Was very disappointed with Expedia Unpublished experience. 2 star hotel/motel would have been much better than this stay.

Advice anyone not to book this hotel and also expedia should discontinue it from their unpublished rates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Kitchen is wonderful, stocked with dishes! Has been recently renovated and has modern decor and a big TV! Convenient to Manhattan, shopping and restaurants. Quite enjoyed my stay here. Overall value is wonderful for the area, with the free parking and easy NY access.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Check in and out was a breeze and the recliner in the room was wonderful. The front desk personnel were all pleasant and helpful. The Grab and Go breakfast made our drive easier since we did not ahve to stop anywhere else for food. Finding the hotel was difficult, but it's because of how NJ constructed all the exits and service roads and was just confusing but not a big deal after you find it the first time.

Room Tip: Hotel is next to the highway, but it was not noisy. We were on the 5th floor. Watch for the Sherat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is great. I stayed here on a trip and chose this location. Jeff at the front desk is very professional and friendly. He will help you with all of your questions. The hotel itself is nice, Its very quiet and in a good location. I give this place 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I travel often both in and out of the United States and have stayed at many different brands of hotels and resorts. I can honestly say that I give this hotel a big 10 plus. The staff are amazing as soon as you step through the doors. You are greeted with warm welcomes. Jeff was so helpful as well in giving me directions to get around. This hotel is beyond comfortable and cleanliness that some hotel chains lack. Perhaps some should pay a visit and get trained on how to run a hotel. Impeccable even down to the morning coffee that started your day. Nothing missing, nothing lacking at this hotel. Will definitely choose this one again. Keep up the good work guys! Thank you for a pleasurable experience. Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for staying with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yours stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was on a business trip a couple of days ago in this area. Im writting this review simply to commend the staff for how they took care of me. The first thing i noticed as i was walking in was the beautiful front desk, very well decorated with paintings and the TV in the lobby, Jeff the front desk agent greeted me with a big smile and answered all of my questions about the area and food options. Later as i came back down stairs Ysabel the manager greeted me and let me know that she is here if i have any quesitons and also gave me her email, i found this to be very thoughtful and considerate especially comming from upper management. the room and all the amenties where good for a short stay and i can also see the kitchen being very helpful for a long stay, i will be back to this hotel for sure for any future trips

Room Tip: i personally just like being on the 2nd floor because you have the vending machines there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your thorough responses. I'm thrilled that all staff and management were helpful in all your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford? Share your experiences!