“Comfortable room, Front Desk Service Substandard” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Rutherford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Comfortable room, Front Desk Service Substandard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good Location for our purpose and close proximity to NYC via bus. Room was good size, however so hot and stuffy when we walked in. Most places will at least have some air running to make entering comfortable. Front desk staff lacking customer service skills. Very indifferent and lack of concern as to how long it took to check us in. Beware no ice machines any where on the property. Front desk seemed happy to tell us that there was no ice. Quiet area of town and away from noise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.
Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service, not indifference towards our guests. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Allendale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here! I like the fact that it's in Rutherford, which makes it a more quiet environment. The staff was extremely nice, sweet, helpful, and very friendly. The rooms were immaculate!!! It was in a great location too. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It is very willing and deserving of the 5 star rating! :)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of your stay with us. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and to see that you described your stay as “perfect” tells me that we were successful in that regard! As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you and your family again as our guests should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean, comfortable and exceeded my expectation. Scottie, at the welcome desk was friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. A pleasure to talk to. We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Secaucus - Meadowlands. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and it sounds as though Scottie and the rest of our staff were successful in that regard. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words, and for the great compliment you pay us by your recommendation of our hotel to others.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I stayed at this Extended Stay America by chance last night. We blew a tire on our recently purchased, used, Ford Explorer on I95 (very, very scary!), and with no spare, along 22inch tires (hey, brand new engine and a great price we couldn't pass up), we had no choice but to be towed onto Route 17 and get a room for the night until the tires spots on route 46 opened. Using Hotwire, we were able to book this hotel at a very reasonable price, plus it was only 5 minutes from where our car was parked. Upon arriving at 11:00 at night, we were greeted by the kindest rep. She heard our experience and was quick to check us in, and had take-out menus ready for us (we had two children with us). She was very apologetic however because all double rooms were booked and we had to get a single for the night. Our room was clean, clean, clean and very comfortable! We had a full kitchen with a stove-top, microwave, full refrigerator, utensils, dining wear and a dishwasher (with wood flooring), WiFi, and thank goodness for the recliner, eventhough the kids wanted to camp out on the floor (the bedroom area was carpeted). I was actually amazed that it was like a studios suite! There was a 4G Flat screen television, with cable, for our viewing pleasure, and I'm POSITIVE that if my husband wasn't so exhausted from our evening's events, he would have spent half the night playing on the television!! The hotel is in sort of a secluded area, which made for a very quiet and restful sleep, and if we weren't so bitter about our mishap and being a stone's throw away from getting home, we would have enjoyed the city view! Bed was comfortable, but sleeping with a wild 5 year old and a 10 year old, I got pretty beat up over the night. This review only gets 4 out of 5 because the sink stopper was broken and there was a minor leak somewhere in the bathroom, but it was deal-able after the experience we had just went through.

At check-out early this morning, the Manager urged us to have take-away breakfast and my husband was GRATEFUL for the free coffee (while the kids sang "We're Not Gonna Take It"--they remembered seeing the commercial). He was very efficient at his job--he was checking us out, answering the phones, restocking coffee, and giving us detailed directions back to our car all at the same time (eventhough he insisted on calling us a cab--but we told him we didn't mind the walk--and $10 for a 2 minute cab ride was not worth it!). He was very kind and compassionate, and that's what we needed after our night. All and all, we had such a great experience, that we have considered using Extended Stay on our next travels to Virginia in October and our summer trips to the southern beaches next summer!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 313 which faced the grassy field, and had a great view of the city. It was very q...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Meadowlands – Rutherford, especially after the ordeal you and your family went through. I am so glad that we were able to make a difficult situation a bit easier for you, and that you were so comfortable during your impromptu visit with us. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future, either at our hotel, or at one of our sister properties near the places you mentioned in your review. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for about 10 days, Hotel provides complimentary breakfast which is very nice. The front desk people are very nice and helpful. This is a good location for people coming for NY trip,, 7-8 miles from NY. Rooms are clean and neatly maintained. The other thing we liked is the kitchen facility in the rooms, they have basic utensils which is good for small family. even though we stayed here for close to 10 days we didn’t feel like we are in hotel, it was a homely experience

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. My entire staff and I strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you, and are so very glad that you found this so convenient for your family.
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

newly renovated hotel,great staff from manager to porter. New rooms and tv's.
Great management.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Newly remodeled room with the bed and TV brought in just before I checked-in. Friendly and helpful staff that knows the area well. Close to a train station for easy travel into New York City.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford? Share your experiences!