“Nice hotel for the area, so-so customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
San Francisco, California
“Nice hotel for the area, so-so customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I've stayed at this location before and stayed here again due to familiarity. It's misleading that these reviews say this is the #1 hotel in Rutherford since there are only 2 listed. But it's rated a 3.5 star hotel for some reason and an average 4 star review. I would give them 3 stars and recommend as it's a decent choice for the area. But in any mid-size City, the customer service is a bit lacking.

I called to ask for a replacement desk chair as it wasn't functioning properly and was immediately told that all the chairs in the room were non-adjustable. I hung up but thought about it and remembered my last visit I could adjust my chair, the current chair had a lever to adjust the height but was not working, and it was foolish to let things lie just because they had a snappy response. So I called again to either bring up another chair or I had to leave since I'm here for business and need to work. With a functioning chair. They brought up a chair immediately. And it works. And the guy that brought the chair could immediately see that the chair was leaning to one side. +1 star for response time -2 stars for making me ask twice.

Pros: Remodeled and looks nice, neutral color palette, roomy, self-service washer/dryer available.
Cons: No wireless in rooms, you can clearly see and hear the highway traffic right outside the window, customer service needs some work,

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with 2 friends last May. I had reserved a certain room, and when I arrived I was told room was not available. I told them I'd wait if the people needed to checkout or whatever the reason might be, and they told me no chance would that room be available at all that night, so i settled and took what they gave me since they had told me in advance the room was not promised.

My other group of friends got there later and they WERE given the room I ASKED for !!!!!!!! SO THEY LIED!!!

BUT IT GETS WAYYYYY WORSEEEE

After my checkout,I received an extra fee for $250, for supposed "smoking in the room". NO ONE in my party smoked!!!! I called to complain and they said they had pictures to prove it... i asked them to send it to me, they couldn't email them because they said they had no scanner so they faxed them.. they were horrible pictures that looked like nothing. After months of calling, leaving messages, arguing .. etc.. they kept my stolen money.

BEWARE!! they might accuse you of something you didn't do also.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Stayed here with family on a Saturday night following an outing to nearby Medieval Times. Kids loved the warm pool and hot whirlpool. Hotel was clean, rooms were nicely furnished and well maintained. Staff was friendly. Nice, as one would expect of a 4-star chain hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed there 2 nights over the weekend and were very impressed with the hotel and its staff. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice, the room service is efficient. The room was spotless. The hotel's gym room, heated pool and a whirlpool are nice after a long day in the city. I can't comment on the public transportation to get into NYC. we drove and it was quite easy except for the traffic at the Linclon tunnel and in Manhattan. Next time we would explore using public transportation. Parking and hi-speed internet at the hotel is free by the way. Water in the heated pool was salty.. maybe it was some kind of spa purpose, I wasn't sure and didn't ask.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Great Hotel. We went for a concert and could not have picked a better place.. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Front desk staff was wonderful, very friendly Not that this is important, but they remembered us at departure and asked about the concert. They seem to care about the folks there. Car service to the concert was perfect too. Bellman had a car waitiing for us when we entered the lobby and it was right there to pick us up after the concert. Not having to park at the Stadium was wonderful. Had breakfast in the restaurant, it was normal breakfast food.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
w0rldtraveler007
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed here for the great price and convenience - the bus into the City picks you up across the street. This is a nice hotel for travelers to NYC interested in spending their money on things other than outrageous hotels and parking. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, beds comfortable, and location convenient.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We bid on Priceline for a Hotel stay near New York City for one night. We were leaving on a cruise ship out of Manhattan and needed a place to stay the night. We got Renaissance Meadowlands, it turned out to be perfect for us. It cost us $100. and there were 4 of us. Two teenagers me and my Mother. The front desk staff was so friendly and welcoming, she gave us two queen beds and fold out sofa room. The kids enjoyed the use of the pool and gym. My Mom and I had a cocktail at the lounge and some burger and fries. Very pricey but good, strong drinks and good top quality meaty burger and the fries were fantastic. We also ordered room service in the morning, very efficient and breakfast for 4 cost us around $60 but what the heck it was sooo good french toast loaded with 3 kinds of berries, eggs, home fries, generous portions of bacon, bagel, toast, juice and coffee, and I didnt have to leave the room. Our room was very comfy with big soft pillows and we had a fridge, ironing board, safe, big nice TV. Shower was hot and pressure was good. The place was clean and stylish. We enjoyed our stay at Renaissance Meadowlands and it was just 15 minutes away from Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel? Share your experiences!