“Excellent Place to sit and relax” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Runnemede
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Excellent Place to sit and relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been going to the Sports Bar since its opening. The staff/service/food/management are fantastic. The food is not your everyday bar food. Very good quality and you can also order from the diner if you like. We have had two graduation parties of close to 100 people each time. Have to say each party exceeded our expectations. From the beginning of planning the party with Tara (manager), to finally the party itself, was an easy task. She took care of everything for us. All we had to do was show up. Her professional, and friendly energy made our party so much easier. The staff she put together was exceptional, again, friendly and professional. Helpful to our guests, and saw that each was taken care of. Everyone commented how great the party/staff/food/service was. Could not ask for more. Would highly recommend the Phily Diner Sports Bar for any party, get together, you would have.

• Visited June 2013

Runnemede, New Jersey, United States
“Just ok..not good if you just want something small.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I visit the Philly diner occasionally and the food is good. It is just a bit overpriced for my family. Like another reviewer said, their is nothing cheap on the menu if you just want to sit and chat with a friend, you have to pretty much order a big plate of food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dover, Delaware
“Modern Old Diner Success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Yesterday my wife and I got a little bit lost in southern New Jersey which turned out to be a good thing. It was a little late for lunch and as we were looking for some kind of fast food place we came across this diner on Black Horse Pike in Runnemede. What a fine bit of luck that turned out to be. This is an old style chrome, neon and glass diner with several expansions. At 2:30 in the afternoon it was very busy but the place is really big so seating was immediately available. The menu, like many diners, was long and heavy on heavy foods. But there were also dozens of dishes that had some healthy aspects to offer. But when we're at a diner we tend to disregard those items. My wife ordered the Gyro Platter and I got the Chicken Cheese Steak. What was really surprising was the fact that each of our lunches included soup, cole slaw and fries. The soups were not tiny portions either and they were really very good. My wife selected a Roasted Red Pepper Bisque and I had Chicken Vegetable. These were not "out of a can" soups. They were fresh and hearty and delicious. My wife Gyro was excellent as well, full of the traditional lamb-beef mixture, fresh lettuce and a fine cucumer yogurt sauce. The pita was also fresh and not at all like a supermarket offering. The Chicken Cheese Steak was lightly seasoned, plentiful and served on an excellent twelve inch roll. The fries were also fresh and hot and not at all greasy. Our only disappointment was the cole slaw which was under-dressed and rather tasteless. But a nice dill pickle spear made up for that. Service at the diner was friendly, efficient and very quick. We didn't indulge in the desserts that were offered but if they taste anywhere close to as good as they look then they're worth sampling. But here's the kicker folks. Each of our meals cost only $8.50 each. Yes that's soup, sandwich, fries, coleslaw and a pickle for less than $9.00. My soda was only $1.50 and included refills. Fast food places should take a lesson from the Phily Diner because these people know how to create success. As I looked over the menu I saw steak dinners with lots of fine features for $13.00 to $16.00. And the meals that I saw coming out of the kitchen looked wonderful. If you're in South Jersey make the trip to Runnemede and give this diner a try. It's worth the detour.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cinnaminson, NJ
“Great Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you are around Runnemede, New Jersey, do stop at Philly Diner. Diner has a 1950's neon look restaurant and sports bar. Sports Bar serves food and was open for lunch and dinner too. Very clean restaurant and the service was excellent.. Food was above average diner food with good choices of specials. Referred to restaurant by two friends. I am glad I went and had lunch.

• Visited April 2013
Trenton
“Excellent diner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

If you're in south Jersey there are a lot of diners to enjoy but he one that stands out Is the Phily Diner. Excellent food, service and prices. Also, extremely, extremely clean and sparkling!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food