“Family Dining, Italian Style” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Runnemede
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Transit: Stops NJ Transit Route 455 to Black Horse Pike, 2 blocks North. NJ Transit Route 400 to 3rd Ave.
“Family Dining, Italian Style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This old school Italian eatery will fill you with comfort food and leave you asking for more. If you like home made pasta, sausage and meatballs to die for, broccoli rabe and tender veal, this is the place for you. Top it off with limoncello cheese cake or cannoli in a cup and you have some fine eating. Be warned that finishing all this will be a challenge, but the gracious staff will be happy to provide you with doggie bags. The large full service bar can provide you with whatever you like and the house wines by the carafe are a bargain. The decor in the back dining room is a bit dated with the many open radiators but you come here for the food first. Lots of parking too.

Visited July 2014

Stratford, New Jersey
“Went for a party”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I went to a reception after a 1st Holy Communion and it was mediocre at best. The room was small and the tables and chairs were stuffed in with little room to move plus it was very warm which made the meal very uncomfortable. According to the host there were a lot of hidden charges. The meals were a decent size but very plain. They left the soda on the table for hours before we got there so it was watered down and flat to the point it was not drinkable. The best thing I can say for the experience is our waiter was fast and pleasant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
maple shade
“Good food poorly managed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My mother in law had booked the baby shower here and when I arrived I thought the place was beautiful. The room upstairs is perfect for these type of small parties. I returned to gather the gifts and walked into a dispute of the bill. I ,being in the industry of event planning, catering ,and overall hospitality , I found multiple discrepancies in the bill. "Padding" looked to present . Meaning more drinks were added than what was consumed. No record of drink orders were kept so it was hard to find what was actual. The manager did not want to discuss the bill which made this problem much more difficult. As a manager my self for a local restaurant chain I found this very suspicious and nonprofessional. Due to these actions I feel the bill was purposely manipulated to increase the money's owed. Simply on this I could not and would not recommend this establishment. Again me knowing how these type of reviews can influence business I must be honest as I am very upset on how things transpired.

Philadelphia, PA
“Great Service at a long standing establishment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

With a Groupon voucher in hand, I headed to Antonietta's Restaurant located in Runnemede, NJ. I finally decided to try this restaurant because we pass this place so many times and it always caught my eye, due to the fact it is a namesake of my sister's name. They have a private, good sized parking lot. We were greeted at the door by a jubilant hostess who was about to seat us at the table facing the parking lot. She was gracious enough to allow us to switch tables to one with a better view when I asked for it. I was glad we moved because the table we moved to was also a window table but had the view of the busy Black Horse Pike which showcased the local businesses along the road. The dining room is quaint and the layout is done in such a way that they take into consideration that those in wheelchairs can be acommodated with no problem. This being said, the restaurant is handicap accessible. The bathroom is large, clean, bright, spacious and decorated with a nice touch of the flower vase. I guess it would be nice if they could add a changing table for the little one if they are advertising their establishment as having a family type of atmosphere. Our server approached our table with a genuine smile and full of energy. It seems that she loves her job. All the appetizers we ordered were all very delicious and arrived to our table warm. We were provided with a complimentary "Texas Toast" type of garlic bread with roasted peppers on the side. And boy it was delicious! The chicken corn soup was warm and hearty and the salad served was fresh. The Cheese Tortellini was good, but could use a wee bit more of seasoning. The Chicken & Eggplant Parmigiana was devoured with gusto. I chose Chicken Capri of which I decided to ditch the potato/pasta side and instead opt for broccoli spears as a substitute. They cooked the broccoli too much which robbed it from being served crisp. The cook put too much lemon in my dish. The Asparagus tips had the inedible part of the stalk included of which I had to spit out. I hope the establishment will make a note of this because this is something that can be remedied with no problem. I will definitely return back to this place even without a voucher in hand because great service is something that is hard to find nowadays. This establishment seems to want to improve on service because they encourage the customers to fill out their house survey so they can find out how service was. I am all for that. Oh, and by the way, free WIFI is available here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey, USA
“Sunday family dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I bought a groupon for 4 people for $30 to get $60, we had a wonderful meal we sat in the old section but very quiet, both me and my mother had their special Chicken in Heaven, and my husband and son had the Chicken Parm, soup, salad all good, my son ordered the lobster or crab bisque, not quite sure did come out later than our soup and salad he says it was alright. Their cheesecakes are homemade Me and my mother shared the Lemonchello cheesecake was very good. My husband ordered a beer he had to tell the waitress twice, but all in all very good meal.

• Visited February 2014