“Great local place.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our mission is to become your favorite local restaurant. We strive to provide down home, affordable, cutting-edge MELTING POT AMERICAN CUISINE using the finest farm fresh, local ingredients. We are committed to quality, value, friendliness and your total satisfaction.We are a family gathering place- come share the warm, friendly atmosphere – pregame, postgame, anytime. Our bar boasts 12 hi-def flatscreen TV's - all 54" along with 3 82" flatscreens! Great for your favorite sports team any time of the year!Enjoy Barn Cuisine for Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch. We serve Great Burgers, Steaks, Seafood, Salads, Pastas andOur Famous Brick-Oven Pizza. Open 7 days til 2 A.M. 364 days a year - closed on Christmas Day.Great local entertainment late night.
“Great local place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Great for meeting friends for a bite or catching a local band. Nice menu with enough variety to stay interested. Fancy gourmet? No, but I don't think they're trying to be. Cold beer, good pizza, burgers, entrees and music. What else do you need?

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Not Very Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I see there are a lot of great reviews about the "river barn" on here. I'm not sure what establishment everyone ate at but my experience was anything but great. A co-worker (Boss) and I were traveling for business and staying at the Hampton Inn next door. As always when I’m traveling I check out Tripadvisor for ideas on where to eat. Well, the River Barn was about a 1 minute drive from the hotel and we were both starving and it was getting late. So we checked it out.

Their drink list is pretty good with a nice selection of craft beers to choose from by the bottle. I ordered one of my favorites "West Coast IPA - Green Flash." My co-worker ordered a Sam Adams or something of the sort and his beer came out after about 5 minutes. When the waitress dropped off his beer she said "we're still trying to find your Green Flash", that worried me. Well, 10 minutes later they found my beer. Kind of weird. So anyway, 20 minutes in I finally have my drink.

We placed our orders when I received my beer. I ordered their special burger "short rib burger" thinking it sounded really good, I’ve never had a short rib burger before. My co-worker got a meatball sub. I ordered my burger "medium" and it came out "well done", extremely greasy and lacked any seasoning. The meatball sub was nothing special, it didn't look very appealing.

I also wanted to mention our service was very slow and non-attentive.

So my review rating of 2 circles is based on the experience we had with the food we ordered. Maybe these other reviewers ate something that really was great, but what we had was anything but great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denville, New Jersey
“Good Local food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great place for burgers and steaks. Wide variety of choices on the menu. never have been disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Manning, South Carolina
“Dont let the name fool you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The Barn is an all time favorite while im in the area. Its really a sports bar with a country music theme. Some of the finest food in the Northeast. Staff is great. Food is great. The Barn is great.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mt. Arlington
“Following the BARN tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is identical to the Black River Barn. The food is good and the service was excellent. The prices are very reasonable and for sports fans there are many large screen TVs. If you are looking for gourmet dining and a quiet place this is not the one for you, but for good solid food, reasonably priced the Barn meet that need.

• Visited March 2013