“Wedding and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rockaway
Hartford, Connecticut
“Wedding and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our wedding was in the summer and it was great. We held our dinner reception at the HGI.

The services were great, the food was good and the accomodations were on point. The outside garden was very pretty and great for pictures.

The hall was nice and we were complimented by our guests (over 200) on the whole reception, including the food. Our wedding coordinator (BOB) was helpful, corteous, prompt, and just recently I spoke to him and was greeted warmly with excellent service (all over again!)

I recommend this hotel to stay and for wedding receptions.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Ben Z, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you for the kind words towards the hotel and for Bob. It was our pleasure to host your very special day. These types of comments and seeing the smiling faces of your guest are what motivate us to continue to do the best job we can for our very special guest.

Ben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights whilst in the area on business. 30 to 40 mins away from Newark airport, easy to find.

Rooms were very clean and large, the standard 2 double beds, modern bathroom, coffee facilities, hairdryer etc.

Staff were very pleasent and helpful. Coffee and cookies were always availalbe in the lobby.

Breakfast was self service buffet and cooked to order hot food. Plenty of choice and the buffet was kept topped up, the restaurant area was nice and relaxed.

Location wise, right opposite the Rockaway Mall and Cinema. Olive Garden is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members receive free bottled water at check in and offers on the restaurant meals.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Paul Z, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Dear KatS_2011,

Thank you for your review of your stay with the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! We value your input of your experiences and value all comments for the property. The team of the hotel pride ourselves in our cleaniness and overall service. We look forward to your return when traveling to the area and appreicate your support of the hotel!
Oak Ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

If you have to go to Piccatinny Arsenal, stay at this hotel. The staff, room, and everything else was nice, but the restaurant was a huge surprise. After driving in through a snowstorm, I stayed in to eat and was very pleasantly surprised -- both the service and the food were very good -- my compliments and I will stay here again. The only suggestion i have regards the gym -- far too small, one elliptical for a hotel that serves a government clientele is always a problem. The closet- sized gym is a huge issue for thos eof us who use both weights and the elliptical when on the road. Please address this minor issue and offer more machines and more space for weight training.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear PanzerGuy,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway as your choice of accommodations when traveling to the area! We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay with the hotel and glad that our team had exceeded your expectations. In efforts to provide each and every guest with the best amenities and service the hotel will consider of how we can improve our fitness center for all future guests. I like to extend my appreciation for your support of the property and the team of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway look forward to your return in the near future.
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for a week here, From the time I walked in to when I left I always felt welcomed. The restaurant was great. Every time I saw a staff member they said hello. Pool was nice and warm to swim in.

• Stayed January 2012
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear "tomcab", Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! My team and I appreciate your positive feedback and we are glad that we made you feel welcomed! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon. Please "like" us on Facebook and look for special offers coming soon!
Normal, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Rockaway Hilton Garden Inn and was very impressed with the level of service. It is a well-maintained and well-managed property. Lobby area was clean and comfortable with plenty of seats while waiting for my ride to arrive, restaurant was much better than I was expecting, and the rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The entire staff was professional and friendly, and the front desk personnel even greeted me by name every time I walked by. Located across the mall parking lot, there were several restaurants nearby as well.

Staying here for four nights allowed me to get a good feeling about this property, and I was quite impressed. One afternoon my sink was slow to drain so I reported it to the front desk and when I returned to my room it had been fixed. The beds were adjustable to various levels of firmness, but my bed was so comfortable I had no reason to make any adjustments. The pillows were also numerous with various levels of firmness so it was easy to select exactly what suited me best. Complimentary internet and a large television with a good selection of channels that swiveled to face the bed or seating area was nice.

The business center provided easy printing of documents, the 24 hour pantry was available when needed, a complimentary coffee & tea center was much appreciated, and all areas of the hotel were clean and inviting. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear "RobBN", Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! My team and I appreciate your positive feedback as we work extremely hard to ensure that each and every guest receives the very best that hospitality has to offer! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon. Please "like" us on Facebook and look for special offers coming soon!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I stay here about once a month for a few days for work. The staff is great and consistently that way. This is one of the few hotels with full food service, gym, decent rooms, etc. in the area, close to the mall and at a reasonable price (but not cheap). The hotel is busy so the rooms are a bit worn from time to time, but its a good hotel all in all. Clean, convenient and reliable. One complaint....they are always running out of free coffee to go way too early! Brew some more please.... :o)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Good Morning and Happy New Year "MMandHM", Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway. My team and I enjoy receiving positive feedback from our valued guests! We will be sure to keep the coffee hot :) We hope to see you again soon! Thanks!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I would have had a much better stay if I received a non-smoking room as requested. Upon arrival I was told there wasn't a non-smoking room for the first night, but possibly available for the second night. Since I was staying only two days, I decided not to hassle with changing rooms. Even though I didn't spend much time in the room because of being a business trip, staying in the smoking room was not a good experience. However, the hotel is close to the mall which is a plus.

Room Tip: Confirm non-smoking room before arrival.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Good Morning and Happy New Year "gone2ge", Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway. I am very sorry that your requested room preference was not met upon check-in. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!