“Housekeeping denied finding lost items!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Rockaway
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Housekeeping denied finding lost items!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

After a recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, I realized I left my ipod plugged into the radio. After calling housekeeping three times with no response, I finally got someone on the phone saying they did not find it. However, the next day itunes emailed me saying my account was trying to be accessed through my ipod so unfortunately, it was found and taken. I am very disappointed that housekeeping denied finding. When staying here, make sure to keep personal items clear away from the cleaning crew!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Good Morning "Ashley D", Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am sorry that even though the item you claimed was missing, nothing was found here at the hotel. I would be more than happy to further discuss your concerns at your convenience. My team and I work extremely hard to provide our guests the very best that hospitality has to offer and we appreciate you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway.

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We needed an overnight on the road and chose this Hilton Garden Inn. The property looks very new and is next to a mall for restaurants, etc. Our room was very large and comfortable. We were so tired that we decided to eat in the hotel's restaurant. We were ready for a burger and fries and they were very good. In the morning we had a very nice hot buffet breakfast. Only complaints were that the reading lamp was unplugged and after going to the front desk for a new bulb we discovered it. The scrambled eggs at breakfast were cold but the other items were excellent. Also was very surprised that they would not accept a AAA discount. Overall it was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear "TheBusIsLeaving",

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! My team and I really enjoyed your feedback as we work hard to keep the hotel clean. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you!
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Right off of the highway (sorry, don't remember which one, but it's right there!), located in the mall complex. Tidy property, easy ample parking. The room was perfectly fine. There's an Olive Garden on the corner which was perfect for carb loading before the big race. The front desk crew was exceedingly polite, almost annoyingly so which is kinda nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear "LizSantos", Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! We appreciate your positive feedback as we work extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests receive not only the very best service, but also a clean and enjoyable place to stay either for business or leisure. We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Thanks again!
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Clean comfortable room with adjustable firmness bed, free high-speed internet access, plenty of towels, a microwave and a compact fridge. Right next to a major shopping center that has a bus service to NYC's PA Terminal, and a short drive to NJ Transit station with many trains going directly to New York's Penn Station. Plenty of shopping and dining choices either a short walk or a short drive away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear "Drawbar4935", Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! We are glad you enjoyed our Garden Sleep System (GSS) bed, complimentary high speed internet as well as the rest of our in-room amenities. I have to agree that having the Rockaway Townsquare Mall adjacent to the hotel is a great bonus! Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, we hope to see you again soon!
Worthing, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel caters for business and recreation. The best thing about it is the breakfast, freshly cooked eggs to your liking. Forget the restaurant for dinner unless you're too tired to go out. There are many good dining options not too far away. The rooms are luxurious and spacious with every facility, even a bed adjustable from soft to hard! The staff are very helpful. It's not cheap, but probably reasonable value. If you can persuade them you're from the military, you get a big reduction.

Room Tip: Check out the inclusive deals - they can be good value.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Good Afternoon "worthingite",

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! My team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests receive not only the very best service, but also a clean and enjoyable place to stay either for business or leisure. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast - having the cook-to-order option as well as the full breakfast buffet helps us stand out from the rest. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed here for a night on my trip out to the beaches of NJ. Couldn't believe how clean and spacious this place was. Hope they keep it up. Only thing I didn't like was the self-closing bathroom door. Hotel's right off the highway inside the perimeter of a mall which I didn't visit.

• Stayed June 2011
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
DearTravel4FunBoston,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! My team of hospitality professionals and I really enjoy receiving such positive feedback from our valued guests. We hope to see you again soon!!

Jon Schorr
Dryden, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel was fine in terms of cleanliness. However, instead of grouping the guests of a wedding in rooms in the same area of the hotel, the wedding guests stayed throughout the entire hotel. The result was very noisy wedding guests yelling up and down the halls all night. We called multiple times to try to get some level of quite enforced but to no avail. It was a really bad night for sleep for my entire family. We'll never go back to this hotel and will strongly consider not staying in any Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear ChrissyDryden_ny, Thank you for your review and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway. I am sorry you and your family were not satisfied with your stay, but I appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel's cleanliness. If you would like to contact me at your convenience, I would be more than happy to further discuss your concerns. Thank you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!