“Good place to party and stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rockaway
Dover, New Jersey
“Good place to party and stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We had a great party here! We had a big group of people meet here and we kept the party going most of the night! It was a progressive party, we moved from room to room and floor to floor and kept ahead of security. Usually we could prop our door open and just kind of invite anybody in, it didn't even matter if they weren't with us or not! Eventually around 2 a.m., management said we were being too loud and invited us all downstairs to a private room where we could hang out. That was very nice of them. This is a good location for us and our friends, right off the freeway, and the mall is next door so the girls can shop.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Vitaly_11.

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway . My team of hospitality professionals and I really enjoy receiving positive feedback from our valued guests. We look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

I loved this hotel! The lobby was decorated beaufifully, with fireplaces and Christmas trees and decorations. We stayed a few days after Christmas and were happy that they still had Christmas music playing! The room was very clean and spacious, with a super comfortable bed. Its located near a nice mall, Borders, Target, DD, pretty much everything you might need. Highly highly reccomended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Dear mao11,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway . My team of hospitality professionals and I really enjoy receiving positive feedback from our valued guests. We worked hard on decorating the hotel for the holiday season and appreciate your feedback!! We look forward to your return and hope you have a great 2011!!
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

As the title states, I really wanted to like the Hilton Garden Inn. I read some good reviews, the location was close to the surgery center I was visiting, and the AAA discount price was excellent.

Let's start with the good:
- Modern finishes - the inside of the hotel is new and well kept
- Staff is friendly and cordial
- Room has modern furnishing, LCD flat screen and free internet. I was impressed there was even a Herman Miller desk chair, and a "sleep-number" type of bed
- Decent bathroom amenities (all by Neutrogena)

So what's the bad?

Well, I pulled back the sheets and came to the conclusion that:
1. The previous occupant was a brunette
2. With long hair
3. And shed a lot

That was enough for me to knock the ratings down. Because I came in very late, and was very exhausted, I slept on top of the sheets.

I complained to the front desk staff when I departed several hours later--unfortunately, they didn't seem to be able to make any amends other than verbally apologize. So sad.

Like I said, I really wanted to like this place, and if the sheets were clean, I would have given it two thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Good Morning "Chase72",

Thank you for your favorable review of my staff, as well as our modern furnishings, in-room amenities and bathroom decor from your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! My team of hospitality professionals and I really enjoy receiving positive feedback from our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Northern New Jersey!
dublin, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights..wouldn't call it leisure as it was for a funeral...the staff was very helpful and attentive..this hotel is in a complex with a big mall and smaller strip mall around it... I would definately stay here again if ever in area. This is a good choice and price was also right..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, October 20, 2010
Good Afternoon,

On behalf of my entire team of hospitality professionals I would like to thank you for your review. You are right, our location is perfect for an overnight stay as well as an extended stay with our proximity to the Rockaway Townsquare Mall as well as the many hotel amenities we offer. I appreciate your kind words about my staff as "helpful and attentive"! Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway!
Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

This is my 4th time in the past couple of months staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and I have to say, it is the best experience every time! I have used other hotels in the area but once I found this place I was hooked. When I travel, I just want, polite people, a clean room and a quiet environment when I stay over and this is what I always get when I stay there**Every time!!!**. I even had dinner (off the specials menu) the last time I was there and I have to say that the food there is amazing! I am not usually a comment giver but I have been so happy with the service there I thought I would share it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway . My team of hospitality professionals and I really enjoy receiving positive feedback for our valued guests. We look forward to your return!!
Brick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Recently we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway NJ. My daughter forgot her doll by accident. When we called the hotel they assured us they had it and it would be returned to us. Needless to say we have been waiting almost 4 weeks after numerous phone calls and e-mails assuring us that the doll has been mailed out. When I made my last attempt to contact the hotel the manager he said," as much as I would like to assist, it is out of my hands and in the hands of USPS". Now mind you,my daughter has been attached to the hip to the doll since a baby (a lot of sentimental value). I not only offered to pay for it but I also offered to drive up to pick up the doll, however the manager now doesn't even know where the doll is. He can not even offer a tracking number or any additional info for me to look into the matter since he apparently can't.

Now I ask you, had it been a briefcase or a purse would they have handled it in the same manner? This manager apparently hasn't had proper training because if he did he would know that customer service consisted of assisting the customer from beginning to end, perhaps what some people call Customer Satisfaction. Not to mention, it was his error.

Needless to say this matter was never taken care of nor was there even a call to replace the doll by the manager.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn is a standard HGI place. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Beds are big and comfortable and you get an armchair as well as a desk. If you take an executive room you get a bigger bathroom, a sofa and a bigger room this costs 20$ more but to be honest if you are by yourself a standard room is fine. Breakfast is a buffee style and costs $11.95 but it seemed that most people seem to get a complimentary voucher for breakfast make sure to remember to ask for one. The breakfast is great with eggs any way you want sausages and home fries.

The hotel has a pool spa and gym (all airconditioned) which is pretty good. The ineternet is free as in most US Hotels but I struggled to get 1MB/s which is slow by the standards you have in your own home. I thought the bar in the hotel a bit on the expensive side with $4.5 for a botttle of beer a bit much there is no draft beer which is usually a pint for the same cost. The rockaway mall is within walking distrance with the usual selection of shops Sears Pennys Macys

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!