“Good quality restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York, New York
“Good quality restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Romantic restaurant, more upscale than the area but worth a visit

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lake Telemark, NJ
“Feels like NYC...with NJ prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is becoming one of my new go-to places for great wine, fantasic atmosphere (when the piano bar gets going) and delicious food. The tables are set with fresh ciabatta and a wonderful olive oil, vinegar and tomato dipping bowl. The salads are big...if you aren't real hungry, that and a soup would be sufficient. I had the vegetarian risotto, and thought it would have been much better without so much cheese. The portion was quite large, too. The presentation was lovely. My husband had the Tilapia special and it was very light and colorful with new potatoes and fresh vegetables, olives and tomato. The tartufo was an extravagance for us, but we snarfed it down! It iw a place where I would feel very comfortable going to on my own and having dinner at the bar.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Franklin
“overpriced poor service and long wait for dinner food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We arrived at the restaurant for the 1st time thinking wow this place must be good looks
busy..We were greeted with do you have a reservation and are answer was no ,did we need one, As we looked around there were tables that were empty we figured those tables must be reservations so we sat at the bar . After watching several parties that came after us thinking they must have had reservations. we sat down enjoying a drink and each others company we asked how long before we would be seated because we noticed people that came in and were escorted to a table and sat down long after we came in about 45min when told about 15 min wait.
We sat at the bar watching as there were 2 tables completely empty we asked if we would be seated soon as we were. Greeted by our waitress cousin of the owner we ordered a appetizer which was sent to the table and wasnt what we ordered. we told the server which was one of the owners he looked at us in disbelief they came out with the right appetizer and came back with the wrong appetizer origanally sent and gave it to us for free we thought wow that was nice well that was the best part of the evening after that it was all down hill.
We asked what was taking so long the people sitting around us came in well afterwards and they received there food well before us when we brought this to there attention our waitress told us that was the way it goes sometimes we couldnt believe our ears she was related to one of the owners I think her name was Jean marie stay clear of this place. It is way overpriced and very poor service I am a average cook and i could put these chefs to shame save your money. My dinner was overpriced chef boyardee flat noodles that were clumped together with no flavor it was supposed to be a special for 20.00 dollars with veal sirloin and pork a bolognese sauce . It was ok if it was out of a can for 4dollars dont waste your time going there . If you want good food go to portobellas in oakland nj you can get better food for less than ten dollars for lunch try the shrimp carruso or the veal osso bucco and a scungilli salad for 5dollars yeah thats right 5bucks there lunch menu would embarass this place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“This place is phenomenal !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

It's been too long since I've been here. Had to wait an hour for a table but we sat at the bar and people watched . Good drinks, a large bar for one bartender but he was efficient and pushed out drinks. Because we were patient Mario the owner i think, bought us a drink. That was cool! We sat down, walked passed the piano player, and we were seated close enough to enjoy the music. I had the scallops appetizer . The cream sauce was so good I didn't worry about calories. Oh, great bread and oil on the table too. Then my pork chop came. I was picturing a large bone and a little meat but there was this tender large pork chop with a tiny little bone and wow was it great. Great dessert too, bread pudding, different but really enjoyable. Only complaint would be our table. We were against a wall near the thermostats. I think the dishwasher was on the other side because I felt the vibration of the motors and pumps , and I could hear the racks of dishes being moved around. I think there would be only a few tables that would be bothered by this. We noticed it but we dealt and just enjoyed our experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Telemark, NJ
“Service not great but food is...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Love the piano bar here...a real NYC feel. The service was slow but the meal was great. great for business or romantic meal!

Visited September 2011