“Try a better option” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rochelle Park
Brasilia, DF
“Try a better option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on Sep. 2013.
The need for improvement is shown from the beginning: the entrance is narrow, dirty and dark. The linen and specially the comforter were old. The last did not give me a good impression, and I could not determine if it was properly clean.
First room assigned was on first (ground floor): as the side door was not working properly, I could not feel that security was guaranteed.
Breakfast is served on a not-so-well-lit room. It also seems dirty, just like many other parts of the property.
As I arrived from my flight in the middle of the morning, had to wait for check in time. So, I asked for a place to change clothes before leaving to go shopping. The clerk suggested me to use the lavatory located in the lobby, what I did. However, I had to change in a hurry, because the bad odor (of urine) was unbearable.
In sum, this Ramada needs a "shock of cleanliness"!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room that is not on ground floor, due to security breaches.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Enio81,

Hello I want to thank you very much for writing this detailed review for us as it means so much. Writing this review allows us to understand the hotel in the viewpoint of the guest where a general manager might miss to notice the areas of improvement. Nonetheless, it is not the guest's full responsibility to report every detail so I must say that I am very sorry for the uncleanliness of the public area.

The public areas beginning from the entrance into the hallways and the main lobby were slightly unclean however we decided to clean them to the best of our ability, however I have to clarify that since the entrance is used frequently it is bound to become little dirty. However, constant cleanup will be done as well as proper monitoring of both the public area and the entrance.

The breakfast room on the top floor is cleaned every morning before and after breakfast hours to the maximum strength. After it is cleaned thoroughly I personally go to survey the cleanliness and rarely find anything out of order. The illumination in that room is usually set to the highest level but it might be a case where someone must have dimmed the lights down by mistake.

The public restroom is something we are working on and the scent in the restroom has been removed very recently and should not become a problem. The scent has been fully removed.

I hope everything in the guest room was orderly enough to make your stay with us the best ever, however the other items previously mentioned are taken care of and solved. We hope to see you again soon at the Ramada Inn in Rochelle Park, NJ. Thank you again for taking your time to write us this review.

Yash Modi (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

A few of my favorite things:
On a bus line: NJ Transit 163 express/local to NYC Port Authority
Near a 24 hour Shop Rite with hot food counter and liquor store open on Sundays
Near AMC theater
Daily hot breakfast with freshly made waffles; the orange juice was refreshing.
Free social hour on Wednesdays with premium liquor and hot/cold foods
Comfortable bed
Great showerhead
Good restaurant in front of hotel(BOOM): delicious burger, had sweet pototao fries, and carried my liquor( Fireball)
Wifi and cable
Microwave and refrigerator
I felt quite at home and welcomed.
Pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable staff

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the expressway or traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Glenda H,

Hello I want to thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write this review for us and it means a lot since it MADE MY DAY ! Based on your comments you seem to enjoy all the amenities of the hotel both the inside and the outside of the hotel as well.

I completely agree with your description of the hotel where the town is safe and convinient for shopping, entertainment, food and beverage and lodging purposes. Not to mention the perfectly situated Njtransit stop near the hotel since it helps guests, like you, to travel easily in and out of the big apple (NYC).

The new BoomBurger restaurant is perfect for our guests and one of our biggest achievments so our guests do not have to step out of the hotel and search for food, because it is at their doorstep. BoomBurger features awesome burgers, wings, and fries that one would forget a dinner at Applebee's altogether.

Thank you very much for the amazing review and great points on our hotel as it helps to improve our service and understand our guests better. I am speechless on the comments you have given us since every one of those comments are true and benefiting our guests and our business everyday. Glenda H , we hope to see you again soon at the Ramada Inn,Rochelle Park,Nj.

Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We just came back from visit to New York city we chose this hotel for our stay while there. Room was nice bed was really clean and comfy free internet was great TV had all kinds of channels they even had HBO. The continental breakfast which is included was more than just continental had eggs sausage muffins cereal and they even had someone on hand to make Belgian waffles. Our room also had fridge and microwave and on top of all price was reasonable. Location is convenient in walking distance from big Mall and on bus route.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear nazif7,

Hello I want to thank you very much for writing such kind review for us and we really appreciate the amazing things you had to say. We improve our service day by day and guests like you are our primary concern. Thank you very much for the kind review and we hope to see more of it.

I understand that the hotel's location was one of the most important factors contributing to your stay as it is one of our major plus points. The close-by public transport is beneficial and allows guests to take the public transport all the way into the main attraction and location of the city-scape.

Breakfast at our hotel is just as valuable as well and allows the guest to feel complete and ready for a day's worth of adventure. As you mentioned it is fresh and crisp, which we specialize in very much and have high importance in as well. The assistant at breakfast is a positive influence in assisting guests and I am very satisfied that you have found their service to your advantage.

I thank you again for all the positive words and hope to see you again very soon.

Lanoka Harbor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I only stayed one night here because we were in town for a funeral. The staff was sufficiently helpful and the room was adequate. It was not the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, but I would not call it dirty. However, I did find three separate hairs on a "new" towel that were not either of ours. There were cold/hot water coolers all over the place, which I liked. I also liked that we had a mini-fridge and microwave in our room that I didn't know about until we got there. Breakfast was included, which is always a nice amenity. It wasn't anything special, some pastries, fresh waffles, cereal, and something they called eggs. It was fine. The waffle did have a funny flavor to it, which the staff advised us was blueberry after the fact. There was a downside to where the breakfast area was though. It was on the second floor and even though there was an elevator, there were still some steps to get to it. I note this because I am 9 months pregnant and every stair is difficult for me right now. I wonder how disabled patrons get to the breakfast area. For the price, this place was perfectly adequate.

Room Tip: Mini-fridge and microwave in room. Non-smoking rooms available.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Yash M, General Manager at Ramada Rochelle Park, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Stephani A,

Hello Stephanie A , I want to wish you the best with your upcoming child as I know it will be very healthy and fit when it arrives. As a mother you should and I know you are proud to be one as It can be a critical status in life.

On the other hand, I must say that the hairs found in your personal restroom is something management does not allow at all. That is including me, and I have addressed all my housekeeping staff on your complaint and disgust . They have told me that they will not repeat the mistake and ask for your forgiveness , since it is not in ther nature to have that type of service to their valued guests. I promise you that by your next stay with us this mistake will not occur along with any other mistake and your room will be flawless.

As far as breakfast goes the location of it can be difficult for those in special condition as you and because you have notified us about it , we are now considering an elevator for our guests or at least a ramp. Please give us some time as we speak to upper management about this concern. The breakfast is standard and must be a compliance with the Ramada brand and we have little control over changes to it. The ramada franchise requires us to display specific items in a certain way to the guests as we are doing now. Nonetheless, our deepest apologies are given to you behalf your stay.

Mrs. Stephani A, I thank you again for taking time to write this review for us. We hope to see you again soon at Ramada Inn Rochelle Park.

Yash Modi (GM)

Been to Ramada Rochelle Park? Share your experiences!