“For a Perfect Evening Come to South Jersey” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Madison Street & S. Pavilion Avenue
Transit: Riverline runs in front of Cafe Madison.
Haddonfield, NJ
“For a Perfect Evening Come to South Jersey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

For our "date" my dancing partner suggested Cafe Madison. He guaranteed an unforgettable experience. I asked, "In Phila.?" He said, "No, Riverside as in NJ--the restaurant has fine dining and dancing--we can practice on a real dance floor." How could a sophisticated cafe with A C casino ambiance exist in Riverside? I found out. As we waited bar side for a table, a violin and piano do played softly nearby to settle us in. The wait was worth it. The cuisine was excellent: for a starter, we shared a crab and shrimp appetizer; for entrees, it was bronzini for me and salmon with a shrimp and crab risotto for him--all subtly flavored was well as creatively presented (apparently the chef had worked at one of the A C casinos); for dessert, we eschewed the more complex choices and shared the house-made cheese cake. About 9 p.m. a 3-piece band with vocalist appeared and took over. And did they--keeping a strong beat while playing diverse music from different decades. We sang along with the vocalist and danced until the band was ready for bed. One the way home, Jim held my gloved hand--and sang, "What are you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?"...A perfect evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cinnaminson
“Beware of privacy violations.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

I visited this place for my forty fifth birthday. We had fun for about an hour and a half. Then an incredibly rude and mysogynistic bar regular decided to harass us. Perhaps his mother told him this was the was the way to meet women, I can't be sure. Not only did the management refuse to address the issue they actually disclosed our personal information to this sorry excuse for a man! After we left the man continued to harass us he has not yet stipped. I would never return. If you must go there do not use a credit card, these people cannot be entrusted to safeguard your information. I of course, informed the credit card vendors of the breach. They informed me that they will monitor for ongoing criminal activities.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
kimcheekoo, Manager at Madison Pub, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
I am the manager and I as well as the staff have no knowledge of this incident and have never been contacted. I am appalled that someone could insinuate criminal activity without substantiating the claim. Our guests privacy is of utmost importance to us. I would appreciate being contacted at 856-764-4444. Diane Bobak Director of Dining Operations
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Madison Pub now called Towne Tavern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

New name, same menu and prices. Kind of pricy for a local pub, very noisy when moderately crowded. Came for the advertised earlier prime rib nite on Tues, but it was moved to Wed. got the pulled pork sandwich instead, it was lukewarm as were limp fries. Server was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

Good pub food

Cinnaminson, New Jersey
“Food very good, prices high, ambience mixed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

Our friends suggersted this restaurant, also called Cafe Madison, so there were four of us. Our friends had been there before and they like it.

My wife and I felt that the prices were high; conversing with each other proved difficult because of the sound level; the food was all a la carte. The one soup they offered was made with cream which we can't eat. I started with a good house salad for $9. We had a coupon, so our two meals came to about $38. Otherwise it would have been $58. I liked the way they prepared my salmon entree.

Many people would find this restaurant romantic, with an interesting inside architecture including waterfalls, low lighting (flashlights would have helped us to read the menus!), high ceiling, candles on the table. The piano at the bar was alternated between live and automatic player. Its sound traveled throughout this large restaurant contributing to the sound level that bothered us. But, to be fair, that would not bother lots of other patrons.