“Fair at best, but check important details before booking” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Country Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rio Grande
Country Motel
You added Country Motel to your Saves list
1604 RT 47, Rio Grande, NJ 08242   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rio Grande
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fair at best, but check important details before booking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

It is less expensive stay for wildwood area, and the motel is less than 8 mins away from the beach/boardwlk, however the room we stayed had holes in door and various walls. The bathroom door didn"t lock, drain stopper inabled to have a bath, only showers. The light outside the bathroom did not illuminate, thus unable to see in this darkened area that contained a minifridge, and full body mirror. Also the nonsmoking room was smoked in, though infatically denied by the owner, I was not fooled. The owner/staff overtly smiles, but makes watered down excuses instead of addressing the needs of their patrons. I felt unwelcome and a nussance to the owner/staff. Sorry, but am I not the customer. Where is the hospitality. Is this indicative of those who live in the area? I would stay here if in despiration. Also the pool hours for a heat index day of 104 F was kept at the usual 12pm to 8pm, these hours are unacceptable by any standards, especially under those conditions.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

After reading mostly good reviews online my husband and I stayed here along with two friends. Those reviews have to be fake. When we entered the room we noticed that there were holes punched in the walls and the room was disgusting. There was a chair in the first room and we lifted the seat cushion up and found crumbs and a crumbled grocery bag. The bathroom was dirty including the toilet seat. The room was hot and the ac was turned off. The beds are very uncomfortable and hard as a rock. I'm actually surprised that there weren't any bed bugs. I brought all of the issues up to the owner of the motel. He made excuses as to why the room was dirty. He also said he has to "cut corners". He said he would refund our money but we were unable to find any hotels close by with rooms available with such short notice. We decided to have him clean the room and stay for our 2 night trip. On our last night there we noticed many people going in and out of one of the rooms. They were coming out and were really out of it. They were dealing drugs right out of the room. I brought this up to the manager and again he gave us excuses. I will never stay here and strongly advise anyone not to go here. It's a waste of money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

This was my second time staying here, and to me it is not a bad motel. I stayed there 2 years ago for Labor day weekend, and the same weekend this year. My favorite thing is that everything you need is right there. You have ShopRite, JCPenny, Walmart, Wawa, Dunkin Donuts, Rio Grande Diner, etc. all in walking distance. The motel is clean and spacious. The pool area is also very clean. The first time I stayed it was me and my mom and we got the room that has two beds in it. This time we only got one bed, and there was still enough to where we weren't cramped up. This to me is only a place I would stay for a weekend, I wouldn't do a vaction there. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Reading, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I called and inquired about the reviews they had received - I was assured that all was well.

When I arrived, I was greated plesantly, and showed my room personally - The place was clean, roomy, and had lots for the price.

I will refer people here - I have even booked the place again for the end of August, 2009

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
South Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

My friends and I had been planning to have a nice evening in Cape May - visit Washington Street Mall, visit Sunset Beach and watch the flag raising, have dinner, and retire to our hotel room. Since we wanted a relatively cheap hotel room, we booked our stay at the Country Motel. We walked into our room and were greeted by odd odors coming from all over the place. We left, and enjoyed Cape May, but when we returned, there were people outside yelling at each other, apparently sounds of glass breaking, and other assorted noises. The part that really got us was at the hour of about 4 AM, when we heard banging outside on the door of the next door room, coupled with yelling and low booming noises.

I swore to myself when I awoke this morning at the Country Motel that I would never stay there or any other motel ever again. I'd rather pay an extra hundred dollars and enjoy my night, rather than lose hours of sleep worrying if somebody's going to break through the door and kill me.

DON'T GO HERE.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Our reservation was made over the phone by my wife several days in advance. She was quoted one price and upon check in was told the rate was considerably higher. They did give us the quoted rate but not before my wife argued. We placed our bags in the room and noticed it was very stuffy but I assumed it was because the air conditioner was off for a while. I turned it on high and we left to spend the night on the boardwalk. Got back after midnight and the room smelled worse. For a non smoking room, I would have thought I was in an ashtray. Got no sleep that night because the a.c. unit was so noisy I thought someone was trying to get in the room. The bathroom looked like it was formally a coat closet. The toilet was under the sink. Had no toilet tissue holder or towel bar. Taking a shower was out of the question. It looked filthy for one but if you closed the curtain, it was so dark you couldn't see what you were doing. Never again. Stay anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
At The Beach, NJ Shore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

Let's see, we called about 2 weeks ahead of time to make sure there were rooms available. We made our reservation for a two room "suite" big enough for 4 people to stay for a week end comfortably until our home was finished being renovated. The woman took our billing info over the phone and seemed really nice, and assured us that this was one of the "better equipped motels in the area". We had never stayed in this area before, and needed somewhere for our family to stay.When we arrived we saw a pool out front,which was about 30 feet from the busy highway, and wasnt cleaned, or very safe looking, there was a group of teenagers upstairs from the office drinking beer and shouting obscenities. I went inside to check in, and rang the bell on the counter a few times, and then knocked on the door. After about 10 mins. a woman answered, and wanted my i.d. I had noticed 3 other motels across the street, and had asked for my deposit back because I didnt want to stay here. She wouldnt refund our money, pointing to the NO REFUNDS sign. I decided, to stay, so I wouldnt lose the money. As soon as the door opened, the smell of sour milk and cigarettes hit you. The carpet was badly stained, the beds were like scratchy hard pieces of wood with thin pillows. the bathroom needed to be cleaned by us before we could use it. The refrigerator didnt work right, and the walls needed to be painted. We didnt sleep that night, due to the beds, and the sound of traffic and loud people just outside our door most of the night. Needless to say, we left in the morning and went someplace else safer and cleaner.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty scratchy bed linens
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Country Motel? Share your experiences!