“Go Somewhere Else” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Arta Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Ringwood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“Go Somewhere Else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Food is decent, nothing special.... but the service is terrible. Granted, I'm not a snoody hoity toity yuppy and maybe thats why we were completely ignored (we waited an hour and a half for our food...meanwhile the party to our left waited less time and were given a free glass of wine for their troubles) Kind of funny now that I think about it,. that very table was having a discussion about classism (tables are so close together I couldnt help but overhear) and I would say that's the very problem with this restaurant.

If you are visiting this area, go to Emerald Point in Greenwood Lake, or Momento II in West Milford, or Pennings in Warwick. Don't waste your time and money here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota,Florida
“A favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We return often. One of the best in the area. Attentive service and excellent food every time? The owner is charming and Patricio is a fine waiter.

Cortlandt Manor
“Our Italian Restaurant Destination in Ringwood/Greenwood Lk Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We enjoy Romeo Bega's Arta Italian Restaurant in Ringwood. About 6-8 visits with adult family.

Nicer on the inside than it appears outside. Made the best of the that location.

Dinner includes house salad, and can upgrade to an Arta Salad or Caesar Salad for $7-8.

Service has always been attentive, and bottles of Italian wine are fairly marked up.

While not a lot of kids, I would call Arta "kid friendly" with offering of free ice cream.

Tip: Consider the specials, but inquire about the price to avoid a surprise.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Never found my camera”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Easter Sunday, good food and we weren't jammed in like sardines. The reason for only 2 stars - upon leaving I forgot my camera I had brought to take family pics. I called the next day, they were closed, but left a message on their answering machine. On Tuesday evening I realized I had not received a return call, so I called and was told no camera was found. They suggested maybe someone else in my party had picked it up by mistake. That didn't happen. The camera was left on the floor under the table where I was seated. It would have been quite visible when they vacuumed and cleaned up, yet amazingly no one turned in my Olympus Digital Camera. I followed up again to see if the weekend staff turned it in. Once again, no camera. Shameful. I will not be returning!

Visited April 2012
The Jersey Shore
“Varied menu and fresh items make for a nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Returned to Arta's for the first time in several years and was not disappointed. The table ordered several varied items, ranging from seafood done in a white wine and butter sauce and a fra diavolo version to a John Dory dish. All the food was very fresh and cooked well. The dinner was preferred by snide selection of sharp provolone and olives - anise touch.

While ordinary looking from the outside Arta's delivers a very nice experience.

• Visited August 2011