“If in Southern NJ you must go” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Ringoes
More attraction details
Owner description: Award-winning wines. Warm and gracious staff. The flag bearer for New Jersey's burgeoning wine industry. Come visit the best kept secret on the east coast. Open for tastings and sales 7 days a week, noon to five pm. Tours are offered weekends at 230pm. A great venue for our events and for your special events.
Sleepy Hollow, New York
16 attraction reviews
“If in Southern NJ you must go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is a lovely setting, with good wine, warm staff in a most welcome environment. There are a few vineyards in the area,but this one deserves your attention. They also host some fun special events, like a lobster diner night.

Visited July 2013

South Amboy, New Jersey
“Nappa, 45 minutes from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at this winery on a windy day in Spring. Though it was the off-season, the beautiful tasting room was packed. It is set in a large old barn, perfect for entertaining, and we looked around while we waited. When our turn to taste came up, the tasting room manager, John, was very attentive and listened closely to our likes and dislikes. Admittedly, we are not experienced wine tasters, but John took us through all his favorite wines and some he thought we would like. To round the evening off, though John was closing shop, he took us on a brief tour of the grounds and we ended up taking home an entire case of assorted reds, whites and port. All in all, I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who wants to experience home grown, New Jersey wine.

Visited April 2013
“I <3 Unionville Vineyards!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I absolutely love visiting Unionville Vineyards when I am in the area. It is a beautiful location and the staff is so incredibly knowledgeable and thoughtful. The best dessert wine ever- Cool Foxy Lady! :) John was even kind enough to save me a few bottles when he knew I was making a trip up! Definitely worth a visit- I've been going there for several years and am never disappointed. The scenery is also beautiful and a great place to have an intimate party or wedding!

Visited March 2013
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Not impressed at all!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was very disappointed with Unionville VIneyards wines as well as their tasting. I have seen their wines in local stores for years and was excited to try them out. Unfortunately, there was not one that I enjoyed. I was also not impressed with their staff during the tasting. They basically said "okay, which do you want?" and poured it, while I have been to other winerys and vineyards that will go in depth in discussing the wines with the patrons. I wish I could say this lack of service was because they were busy, but it was just my sister and I and 1 other person doing a tasting during our visit. I'd much rather go to Old York Cellars a couple miles down the road.

Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“it was just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently visited this winery and I'm sad to say we weren't impressed. Our server server Andrew was great. Really friendly friendliness welcoming. We just weren't impressed with the wine itself. We tried 6 different wines during our tasting and only really liked one. We also purchased some cheese and salami to go with our wine and were disappointed to find that we could not take our leftovers with us. We had so much leftover an paid over $20 for it and ended up giving it away to another couple so it wouldn't go to waste. Overall it's. Nice place. Clean, friendly and the tasting room is really nice. It's just not somewhere I would personally visit again.

Visited May 2013